Sunday, November 24, 2013

Shrimp Stir-Fry

Dinner Tonight: Shrimp Stir-Fry






Brrrr! Downright frigid out today! Around 9 degrees when I ventured out and got the paper this morning and only in the low 20's for a high. Hello Winter! Went to Kroger to pick up a few items for dinner tonight, doubled checked my receipt before I even left the store. I have learned my lesson about Kroger. I also stopped by Staples to pick up a few paper and ink supplies. For dinner tonight Shrimp Stir-Fry.







I had not prepared or had Stir-Fry in a long time. So I decided last night that was going to be dinner tonight! I went to local Walmart and Kroger to pick up some Mini Sweet Peppers, Medium Size Shrimp, Sliced water Chestnuts and a few other items for the Stir Fry. I had bought a Wok a while back and had never used it until today. For the Oil to fry everything I used a Toasted Sesame Oil. My ingredients were; Medium Shrimp (1 lb. Bag), Udon Stir-Fry Noodles, Mini Sweet Peppers, Sliced water Chestnuts, Baby Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas, Kikkoman Teriyaki Glaze, and Low Sodium Soy Sauce.







To prepare it, in a small skillet on med. high I added the 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil and then added 1 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce and 2 Tbs Teriyaki Glaze. Heated for one minute and set aside. I then boiled the Mini Carrots in a small sauce pan until they were almost done, fork tender, and set them aside. Then in the Wok, on high heat, I added 1 Tbsp of the Sesame Oil, the Mini Carrots, Sliced Water Chestnuts, sliced Sweet Peppers, and Sugar Snap Peas, cooked for 5 minutes. Then added the pouch of Udon Noodles, then another 1/2 Tbsp of Sesame Oil along with the Shrimp. Cooked another 2 minutes, until the Shrimp was cooked. Added the Glaze that I had set aside, stirred and cooked another minute and removed the Wok from the heat. It was ready to serve! The Stir-Fry came out delicious, makes me wonder why I waited so long to make Stir-Fry. Had dinner by myself tonight, parents went out to eat. Their not big fans of Stir-Fry. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding.






UDON STIR-FRY NOODLES

Other Noodles
Udon noodles are thick, white Japanese noodles. They can be eaten cold or hot. Udon noodles are often served in a mild fish broth, flavored with soy sauce and mirin (sweetened sake) and topped with thinly sliced scallions.
KA-ME Stir-Fry noodles are easy to prepare: Heat 1 tbsp KA-ME Sesame Oil in a wok; add thinly sliced vegetabled and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add KA-ME Udon noodles, 1 tbsp KA-ME Soy Sauce, 1 tbp sugar and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
INGREDIENTS: WATER, WHEAT FLOUR, TAPIOCA STARCH, SALT ENZYME, ACIDITY REGULATORS (ACETIC AND LACTIC ACID, GLUCONO DELTA-LACTONE, SODIUM MALATE AND SOLIUM LACTATE).


http://www.kame.com/products/ingredients/noodles/udon-stir-fry-noodles  

No comments:

Post a Comment