Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Panko Crusted Veal Cutlet w/ Peppered White Gravy, Sugar Snap Peas, and Mashed Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Veal Cutlet w/ Peppered White Gravy, Sugar Snap Peas, and Mashed Potatoes






Well my favorite time of the year, Autumn, has come and quickly gone. Winter has moved in and in a big way!. We had a little cover of snow and cold yesterday, then this morning it was our lowest temperature in a while. I went out and got the morning paper and it was only 13 degrees, and it felt like it! So it's good-bye Fall and hello Winter I guess. For dinner I prepared Panko Crusted Veal Cutlet w/ Peppered White Gravy, Sugar Snap Peas, and Mashed Potatoes.
 






While at Jungle Jim’s Market a while back I purchased some Veal Cutlets, I used one the day I purchased them and froze the other. I laid that one out in the fridge to thaw overnight. I got the big three out to bread these beautiful Veal Cutlet; Flour, Egg Beaters, and Panko Bread Crumbs. I seasoned the flour with Sea Salt and Ground Pepper and added some Hungarian Paprika to the Egg Beater’s. These were thick cutlets so I had to fry them a little bit longer than you would normally fry Veal. I fried them in Canola Oil about 5 minutes per side. The coatings gave it a fantastic golden brown coating and the cutlet was tender and moist, and seasoned just right. You could cut by using a fork! Topped it with some Pioneer Peppered White Gravy that I prepared. And as you can tell by the picture its big enough to cut in half and have the other half for lunch tomorrow.






Then for one side I had Bob Evan's Mashed Potatoes, leftover from the other night, that I reheated in the microwave. Topped them with some of the Pioneer Peppered White Gravy that I prepared. I also heated a bag of Walmart's Marketside Sugar Snap Peas. It comes in a microwavable bag, just heat 2 minutes and done. I also had a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn.





Panko Crusted Veal Cutlet

Veal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Veal is the meat of young cattle (calves), as opposed to meat from older cattle. Though veal can be produced from a calf of either sex and any breed, most veal comes from male calves (bull calves) of dairy cattle breeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment