Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Seasoned Fried Haddock w/ Macaroni and Cheese, ....

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Fried Haddock w/ Macaroni and Cheese, Yellow Wax and Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread







House cleaning yesterday and Car and Shed cleaning today. Had the Car cleaned inside and out at a local hand car wash and then came home and cleaned and straightened up the outdoor shed. It's that time of year with the temperatures at or below freezing that the shed turns into an extra freezer and refrigerator, just in time for all the leftovers from Holiday Dinners. For dinner tonight I prepared Seasoned Fried Haddock w/ Macaroni and Cheese, Yellow Wax and Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread.







I had a Haddock Fillet in the freezer that I let thaw in the fridge overnight. To prepare it I rinsed the fillet in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. Then sliced the fillet into four pieces. I then seasoned it with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. I then pan fried them in Canola Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s is a perfect combo, delicious everytime!







I had been craving some more Macaroni and Cheese since the last time I had some. So for a side I heated up an individual cup of Bob Evan’s Macaroni and Cheese. Just microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and you have your Mac and Cheese, and quite good Mac and Cheese I might add. I also had bought a package of Kroger Private Selection Harvest Whole Yellow Wax and Green Beans, it was on sale and thought I would give it a try. It comes in a microwavable bag but I prepared by the other cooking option, boiling in water for 5-6 minutes. They were easy to prepare and not too bad for a frozen bean, I'll use it again sometime. I also had a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert later tonight some PringlesFat Free Potato Chips with Hidden Valley Smoked Bacon  Ranch Dip.







Bob Evans Macaroni & Cheese Tasteful Sides Singles:

* Farm-fresh goodness
* Made with real cheddar cheese
* Microwaveable
* Ready to heat and eat
* 2 single servings



Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 170 G
Servings Per Container 2
Amount Per Serving
Calories 220Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 G 16
Saturated Fat 5 G
24
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 25 Mg 8
Sodium 810 Mg 34
Total Carbohydrate 22 G 7
Dietary Fiber 1 G
6
Sugars 3 G
Protein 10 G

No comments:

Post a Comment