Friday, November 8, 2013

Kitchen Closed: Off to Longhorn Steakhouse!

Dinner Tonight: Sirloin & Redrock Grilled Shrimp!






A bit nippy out this morning as I rolled to get the morning papers, 22 degrees with bit of cold breeze blowing! It's nice though when it's gets cold and the air is fresher. For dinner I did a couple of things I haven't done in a while, one I went to a restaurant and the second I had Beef! It's been quite some time but I wanted to take Mom and Dad for one of their favorite meals, Steak. So I took them to a local Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner tonight.






Like I said it's been quite some time since I've even been to a sit down restaurant and it was good to get out and go to one. I had been to Longhorn but it's been a lot of years. Everything and everybody was fantastic! We were seated promptly and the service was top-notch. I ordered a Sirloin & Redrock Grilled Shrimp while my Mom had a Flat Iron Steak w/ a  Stuffed Portabella while Dad had a Renegade Sirloin w/ Baked Potato. The food arrived quickly with everything served as we wanted and piping hot. Our server was very friendly and quick on the refills of our drinks and bread. My meal was delicious and the Steak was a perfect medium rare and tender. The Redrock Grilled Shrimp was excellent also, nice size Shrimp with very good seasoning. Plus my meal was only 470 calories and 2 carbs! I skipped having any bread. It was a good choice to choose Longhorn Steakhouse, we had a very good time and everyone left full! Later tonight for dessert a Healthy Choice Chocolate Swirl Frozen Yogurt. Kitchen reopens tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment