Sunday, November 10, 2013

Cast Iron Skillet Baked Pork Chop w/ Sliced New Potatoes, 3 Bean Salad, and...

Dinner Tonight:  Cast Iron Skillet Baked Pork Chop w/  Sliced New Potatoes, 3 Bean Salad, and Whole Grain Bread.






I had a Pork Chop stored in the freezer that I put in the fridge to thaw overnight. Next day I marinated the Chop in JB’s Fat Boy Haug Waush BBQ Sauce for 4 hours in the fridge. To prepare it I used a Cast Iron Skillet, just something about the Cast Iron Skillets that I love using them. Added about 1/2 tablespoon of Canola Oil to the Skillet and browned both sides I then moved to the oven, which I had preheated on 400 degrees. I then baked it for about 22 minutes. I pulled it out when it hit 155 degrees (internal temperature) and let it set for 5 minutes to let it finish cooking. I love Chops marinated in JB's BBQ Sauce, and this one was delicious! The JB’s BBQ Sauce is the perfect marinade for any Pork.






For one side dish I heated up a can of Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes, boiled until heated and seasoned with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and Parsley Flakes. I also prepared a can of Read 3 Bean Salad. It comes in a can and you can prepare it various ways. I just opened the can and put it in a plastic bowl, put the lid on, and set in the refrigerator to chill for a couple of hours or so. I served these cold. I also had a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread that I buttered with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. For dessert later a Del Monte No Sugar Added Peach Chunk Cup.






Read 3 Bean Salad

Fresh green and yellow string beans, wholesome red kidney beans, spicy onions, and red peppers in delicately flavored tangy vinaigrette are what our 3 bean salad is all about. For added flavor and a different twist, try our 4 bean mixture with garbanzo beans. Made with the finest kidney and black beans, whole kernel corn, hominy, and red and green peppers, our read southwestern bean salad is a remarkably versatile product. It’s perfect for use in wraps, tacos, burritos, or as a main dish by adding shredded chicken or beef. Use in a dip with tortilla chips or put some on a bed of lettuce topped with tomatoes to create a healthy, nutritious salad.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 0.33 cup
Servings Per Container: 5

Calories 60
Calories from Fat 0
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g (0%)
Saturated Fat 0 g (0%)
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg (0%)
Sodium 300 mg (13%)
Potassium 90 mg (5%)
Total Carbohydrate 13 g (5%)
Dietary Fiber 2 g (8%)
Sugars 8 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 2%
Iron 4%

No comments:

Post a Comment