Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Blackened Tilapia Fish Sandwich w/ Deviled Eggs and Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Tilapia Fish Sandwich w/ Deviled Eggs and Baked Fries






Well we survived our first snowfall of the Winter/Fall, all less than a 1/4" of it! A friend of mine called me last night when he got off work at a local Kroger. We were both laughing at people in this area and how they panic when the 4 letter word "SNOW" is mentioned! He said when he left at 9:00 last night the checkouts were lined up with people and their panic buying, I tell you this are is nuts when they mention that 4 letter word! It is cold out though. When I went out and got the morning paper it 19 degrees with a stiff cold wind and it didn't warm up much at all. For dinner tonight I warmed it up on the inside preparing a Blackened Tilapia Fish Sandwich w/ Deviled Eggs and Baked Fries.






I had the Tilapia in the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. To prepare it I rinsed the fillet off in water and patted dry with a paper towel. I seasoned it with a bit of Sea Salt. Then I melted a tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter down and rubbed the fillet down with it, covering both sides. I then covered both sides, with Zatarain’s Blackening Seasoning. I added Canola Oil to my Cast Iron Skillet and preheated it until the Oil was almost ready to start smoking and I added the Tilapia. Just a word of warning have your window open and overhead stove fan a working, it will smoke! I cooked the fillet for 3 minutes each side and it was fork tender and ready. As usual anything that you use Zatarain’s on it’s going to be good and this was no exception! I love the smokey and heated flavor the seasoning provides. The fillet just melted in my mouth. I served it on an Aunt Millie's Deli Style Whole Grain Mini Sub Bun. I topped it with some Hidden Valley Spicy Chipotle Pepper Sandwich Spread & Dip. If you haven't tried this Spread, and you like some added heat this is your Spread! It's not that over powering heat but it is Spicy. It's a creamy and thick Spread so if you like Spicy give it a try.






For a side dish, I had posted about Deviled Eggs earlier and that got me wanting some! So I went to Deviled Egg expert, my Mom! I love her Deviled Eggs, rich and creamy with just an incredible taste. I also baked some  Ore Ida Simply Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Country Style Fries. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding.









Hidden Valley Spicy Chipotle Pepper Sandwich Spread & Dip

Spice up your ordinary sandwich with Hidden Valley Sandwich Spread & Dip in Spicy Chipotle Pepper.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 tbsp (15 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 25
Calories from Fat 13
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 85mg 4%
Carbohydrates 1.0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0%
Sugars 0.0g
Protein 1.0g

No comments:

Post a Comment