Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dinner Tonight: Bison Top Sirloin Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Green Beans



Started off the day at the Doctor's Office at my Family Doctor, 6 month check-up. My sugar was running a bit high the past 2 check-ups so he's put me back on Metformin for Diabetes 2. It's tough getting the right amount of exercise in a wheelchair. I'll just have to work harder I guess and try to turn it around again. For dinner it's Buffalo. I just can't get enough of these Wild idea Buffalo Top Sirloin Steaks! For dinner I prepared  Bison Top Sirloin Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Green Beans.



Preparing the Buffalo Top Sirloin is always easy. To season I just use McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. i pan fried it in Canola Oil about 4 minutes per side to a delicious medium rare. I topped the Steak with Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms that I Sauteed and Seasoned with Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Roasted Cumin, parsley Flakes, and Minced Garlic. The Steak came juicy and delicious. The Wild Idea Buffalo is the finest Buffalo, or Bison, I have ever had. I've got some great and healthy recipes from Wild Idea that I will be passing along in the upcoming weeks also.



For side dishes, along with the Mushrooms, I prepared a Baked Potato that I topped with some Newman's Own Pineapple Salsa and a Single Serving can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. It's the first time I've tried the Newman's Own Pineapple Salsa on a Baked Potato and it came fantastic! For dessert/snack later some Tostito's Baked Scoop Tortilla Chips along with some of Newman's Own Black Bean and Corn Salsa.



Wild Idea Buffalo meat is:

Lower in calories, fat, and cholesterol than chicken or fish.
40% more protein than beef.
Nutrient-dense, flavor rich, outrageously lean, and high in antioxidant Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E.
100% native grass fed – delivering 3.5x more omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed bison.
Red Meat That’s Good for You!

http://wildideabuffalo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment