Thursday, February 28, 2013

BBQ Baked Pork Chop w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Seasoned Blackeye Peas, and...


Dinner Tonight: BBQ Baked Pork Chop w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Seasoned Blackeye Peas, and Whole Grain Bread





Not much going on around here today and outside it's gloomy, cold, and snow flurries, BLAH! For dinner I prepared a  BBQ Baked Pork Chop w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Seasoned Blackeye Peas, and Whole Grain Bread.



I had a Center Cut Pork Loin Chop in the freezer that I set out over night in the fridge to thaw. About noon today I marinated it in JB's Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce until I was ready to bake it. To prepare I baked it a small broiler pan that has a rack in it. After I preheated the oven to 400 degrees I baked the Chop for    minutes, until the temperature reached 165 degrees. The Chop came out moist and flavorful. The JB's Fat Boy Sauces are the best, whether it's Pork, Chicken, or Beef their sauces are hard to beat.


For  side dishes I had Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes, Margaret Holmes Seasoned Blackeye Peas, and a baked small castiron skillet of Martha White Cornbread. For the Potatoes and Blackeye Peas just empty the cans into a small sauce pan and heat and serve. The Cornbread was made with Martha White Brand Corn Meal. For dessert later a Jello Sugarless Dark Chocolate Pudding.





Martha White Cornbread


The Martha White Corn Meal

White Self-Rising Corn Meal Mix. Self Rising White Enriched with Hot Rize®

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 3 Tbsp (31g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 110
Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g1%
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Trans Fat 0g
Sodium 440mg18%
Total Carbohydrate 22g7%
Dietary Fiber 2g6%
Protein 2g
Calcium2%Iron6%Thiamin10%Riboflavin6%Niacin6%Folic Acid15%

No comments:

Post a Comment