Saturday, February 2, 2013

An Easy But Tasty Lunch and I've switched to Sargento Cheese!

Mmmmm!

For lunch I broke the flat griddle out making a Grilled Cheese and Ham Sandwich. Easy to make, delicious, and still a classic comfort food! I used Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread, Sargento Ultra Thin Colby/Jack Cheese, and Kroger Brand Private Selection Smokehouse Hickory Ham. I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter to coat the grill. As I said it's quick, easy and delicious. The Smokehouse Ham is some of the best packaged Ham there is, very flavorful! The Sargento Cheese is only 120 calories and 1 carb for 3 slices. Ah the Cheese.


I've been using Kraft Cheese products my entire life. But in the past couple of years the size and amount of the various Kraft Cheese has been getting smaller and smaller with the price remaining the same or in some instances increasing. I'm a huge fan of their Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheese (Block). That has shrunk from 540g down to 500g (was 600g in 2007). Plus I've noticed that the local stores around here are carrying less Kraft Cheese Products and the 2% Cheese products are real hard to find. So with all that I've almost completely switched over to Sargento Cheese. The prices are somewhat cheaper most of the time and they have a fantastic selection of Reduced Fat and Ultra Thin Cheese products. So it's goodbye Kraft, hello Sargento!



No comments:

Post a Comment