Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baked Buffalo Chicken Breasts w/ Sautéed Asparagus, Quinoa/Brown Rice Medley,...


Today's Menu: Baked Buffalo Chicken Breasts w/ Sauteed Asparagus, Quinoa/Brown Rice (with Garlic) Medley, and Whole Grain Bread





Today is my Mom's 85th Birthday! I had a dozen Roses delivered to her and a while back I bought her a Heart Shaped Pendent Circled by small Roses and this year I gave her a matching Bracelet. I can never do enough for my Mom. I don't know if I would have been able to defeat cancer twice and survive a very serious accident without her. She's my best friend, she's my Mom! For dinner I prepared Baked Buffalo Chicken Breasts w/ Sauteed Asparagus, Quinoa/Brown Rice (with Garlic) Medley, and Whole Grain Bread.First time fixing the Baked Buffalo Chicken Breasts and preparing the Uncle Ben's Quinoa/Brown Rice (with Garlic) Medley.


To prepare my Chicken I needed 2 (4 ounce) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 4 Tablespoons favorite Wing Sauce (I used Kroger Wing Sauce), and 1/2 Cup Litehouse Lite Bleu Cheese Dressing/Dip which will be served as a side for dipping the Chicken. To start I Preheated the oven to 400°F. Then Sprayed large non-stick skillet and 8x8" baking dish with Pam cooking spray. Added the chicken to skillet & cooked 4-5 minutes each side until browned. Placed the chicken in dish and poured Wing Sauce over chicken and baked (uncovered) 20 minutes. I served it with Bleu Cheese Dressing. You can adjust the amount of Wing Sauce or Hot Sauce you use depending on the amount of Heat you like. The Chicken came out moist and with the right amount heat I like! The Litehouse Bleu Cheese Dressing just added that much more flavor!



For side dishes I prepared Sauteed Asparagus, Quinoa/Brown Rice (with Garlic) Medley, and Whole Grain Bread. To prepare the Asparagus using a skillet, saute over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil and  add 1-2 finely chopped garlic cloves (depends on how much garlic you like) add the trimmed Asparagus. Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Pepper. I cooked the stalks about 7 minutes. When finished I sprinkled them with Shredded Parmesan Cheese. The Quinoa/Brown Rice (with Garlic) Medley was from Uncle Ben and was the first time I tried it and loved it! Easy to prepare, just heat in a microwave and it's ready. I also had Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.







Baked Buffalo Chicken Breasts

Ingredients
2 (4 ounce) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 Tablespoons favorite Wing Sauce (I used Kroger Wing Sauce)
1/2 Cup Lighthouse Lite Bleu Cheese Dressing/Dip


Directions
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Spray large non-stick skillet and 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray.
Add chicken to skillet & cook 4-5 minutes each side until browned. Place chicken in dish and
Pour Wing Sauce over chicken and bake (uncovered) 25 minutes.
Serve with Bleu Cheese Dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment