Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings w/ Corn Bread

Dinner Tonight: Chicken and Dumplings w/ Corn Bread


Tried something new for dinner tonight. I made some Chicken and Dumplings w/ Corn Bread. I used Reames Homestyle Flat Dumplings, first time I tried them and will be using them again. easy to fix and 170 calories and 35 carbs. The carbs could be lower but not bad for noodles plus the other ingredients for the Dumplings aren't very high in calories or carbs. Along with the noodles I used Miller's Amish Chicken Breasts (3 pieces), sliced Mini Carrots, and Diced New Potatoes.


I boiled the Chicken seasoning it with Sea Salt, Pepper, Thyme, and Ground Smoked Cumin. After the Chicken was done I pulled each breast aprt.I also boiled the Mini Carrots ahead of time also along with boiling the Diced New Potatoes. Before putting on the noodles I made the Cornbread. i tried Marie Callender's Low Fat Original Corn Bread, first time I tried this also. This was a breeze to fix also just add 1 1/2 cups water to the one pouch of Corn Bread Mix and mix throughly. Pour into a 8"x8"x2" pan and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Came out very moist and delicious. After getting the Corn Bread in the oven I started boiling the Dumplings, boil for 30 minutes. With about 8 minutes left to boiling the Dumplings I added the Carrots, Diced Potatoes, and Chicken Breast meat and continued to boil for the 30 minutes. As I said it was the first time I had used the Reames Dumplings and Marie Callender's Corn Bread mix and I'll be using both again as both turned out great. For dessert later a Yoplait Delight Chocolate Eclair Parfait.

Marie Callender's Corn Bread
  

No comments:

Post a Comment