Thought I would pass this diabetes friendly dessert along, Banana Roll Cake. From Deneece Gursky a member of http://www.justapinch.com/ web site. If you haven't checked this site out yet it's time! Just full of recipes and info.
Banana Cake Roll
- 4 eggs, separated
- 10 Tbsp sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 c cake flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 sugar free banana pudding (prepared)
- vegetable cooking spray
1. Beat egg yolks till thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in 3 tablespoons of sugar substitute. Add vanilla.
2. Beat egg whites to soft peaks. gradually beat in remaining sugar substitute until soft peaks form. Fold yolks into egg whites.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into egg mixture.
4. Spread batter into 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.(coated with vegetable spray and lightly floured) Bake at 375 for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
5. Loosen sides and turn out on towel lightly sprinkled with flour and sugar substitute mixture. Roll up cake and towel from narrow end. Cool completely and unroll. Spread evenly with prepared banana pudding. Roll up and frost with chocolate drizzle.
6. Chocolate drizzle: Blend 2 teas, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup cold water. Pour into small saucepan. Add dash of salt and 1 oz unsweetened chocolate. Cook on low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is thick. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/3 cup sugar substitute. Blend in 1/2 teas. butter.
7. Exchanges per serving: 1 bread 1/2 fruit 1/4 milk calories per serving: 62