Friday, August 19, 2011

Broiled Mahi Mahi w/ Long Grain and Wild Rice, Mango/Pineapple Salsa , and..

Today's Menu: Broiled Mahi Mahi w/   Long Grain and Wild Rice,  Mango/Pineapple Salsa, Cut Green Beans and Whole Grain Bread


What a dinner! I bought a huge Mahi Mahi fillet and cut it into three fillets for myself and my Mom and Dad. I seasoned the fillets with Sea Salt and Pepper and drizzled them with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I broiled the fillets for 5 minutes per side. They turned out perfect! I used Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice. At the end of the post I'll leave the Mango/Pineapple Salsa recipe and instructions. A really easy and tasty recipe that goes great with Seafood or Pork recipes. The Green Beans were leftover from last night's dinner and I also had Healthy life Whole Grain Bread. Dessert later tonight a cup of Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.

Mango/Pineapple Salsa

Ingredients:
2 Cups Chunked or diced Mango. I used Dole Mango Chunks
1 Cup Pineapple diced
Juice of a 1/4 Lime, Use a fresh Lime if you can if not Lime Juice will work
2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Cilantro
Salt, to taste

* Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving
* This goes good over a Sugar Free Angel Food Cake also.

No comments:

Post a Comment