Monday, April 23, 2018

Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Seasoned Pinto Beans and Golden Hominy

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye Fillet w/  Seasoned Pinto Beans and Golden Hominy






For Breakfast this morning I just had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. It was a beautiful Sunrise this morning the east horizon was just lit up with color. Finished up a few things around the yard before rain moved back in around 11::00 this morning. For the day it was 58 degrees with rain. The yard is looking a lot better! I was able to finally get caught up with a lot of yard work. Later in the day Hoveround came over to make some repairs on my Hoveround Mobility Chair. Being an amputee I don't know what I would without my Hoveround! For Dinner tonight I prepared Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Seasoned Pinto Beans and Golden Hominy.

 


Last time I was at Costco yesterday I bought a package of fresh Canadian Walleye Fillets! There was 7 Fillets in the package, I gave Mom a couple of them that she froze and I had one that day and had froze the rest. So I laid a bag of 2 Fillets out in the fridge to thaw overnight.











So I’m preparing 2 Fillets. To prepare them I seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put the fillets in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till the fillet was well coated. I then fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil on medium heat, about 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor! Costco has excellent an Fish and Seafood selections!






As the Fillets were cooking I prepared my side dishes. I prepared a can of Margaret Holmes Seasoned Pinto Beans. It doesn’t get much better for a canned Beans than these! To prepare it just empty the contents into a medium saucepan. Cover it and bring it to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to slow simmer and serve when ready. I love Beans of all kinds and these Seasoned Pinto Beans are at the top of the list, love the Seasoning.








For another side I opened up a can of one of my favorite side dishes, Kroger Brand Golden Hominy.
For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. There is White and Golden Hominy, my favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you’ve never tried it do, makes a delicious side dish. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn with a Coke Zero to drink.









Walleye Nutrition Facts

1 – 6 ounce serving
Calories 148 Calories from fat 17
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat 1.9g 3%
Sat. Fat 0.4g 2%
Cholesterol 137 mg 46%
Sodium 81mg 3%
Total Carbs. 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 30.4g
Calcium 174.9 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment