Saturday, April 28, 2018

Buffalo Teres Major Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Texas Light Toast

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Teres Major Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Texas Light Toast




For Breakfast this morning I prepared a favorite of mine. I made some Simply Potatoes Shredded
Hash Browns, Heated up some Meijer Diced Ham, fried an Egg Sunnyside Up, made a cup of
Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. I made a bed of the Hashbrowns in a bow and sprinkled some Sargento Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Next I put the Diced Ham over top the Hash Browns then put the Sunnyside Up Egg on to top it off. Cooler out and cloudy today, mid 50's. Finished up the yard work and we have the yard looking good! A lot of hard work but well worth it. Later in the day went up to see Dad for a while. For Dinner tonight it's Steak and Potato! I prepared an 8oz. Buffalo Teres Major Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Texas Light Toast.




This is one of several Buffalo Steaks I ordered from Wild Idea Buffalo a while back. And this one is one my favorites, the Wild Idea Buffalo – 8 OZ. TERES MAJOR FILLET. The Steak is so flavorful and perhaps the most tender cuts of Buffalo. Of course all the Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks are this way! I had the Steak in the freezer so I sit it in the fridge overnight to thaw









I pan fried it in Extra Light Olive Oil and seasoned it with a bit of Crushed Dry Thyme along with
McCormick Grinders Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. I fried it about 4 minutes on one side and about 3 1/2 minutes on the other side, it gets done very quickly because it’s so lean. The Fillet came out medium rare with a beautiful char on it! These Wild Idea Buffalo Teres Major Steaks are tender and delicious, love them! I also prepared some Sauteed Mushrooms to go with my Steak. I don’t think there’s a better partner for Steak than Mushrooms, except for a Baked Potato!




To go with the Steak I prepared a Baked Potato. I took a medium-sized Russet Potato and took a
small knife and made small punctures all around the Potato. Put the Potato in a Microwavable Bowl and cooked for 7 minutes and 20 seconds on high heat. Served the Potato Seasoned with McCormick Grinders of Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. Love a good Potato! I also baked a slice of the New York Bakery Light Texas Toast. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Coke Zero to drink.









Wild Idea Buffalo – 8 OZ. TERES MAJOR FILLET

The Teres Major, also known as the Shoulder Tender, is second most tender cut on the animal. Cut from the blade of the shoulder within the primal chuck, it is considered to be of similar quality to the filet mignon with its mouth-watering flavor and tenderness.
http://wildideabuffalo.com/products/8-oz-terres-major-file










New York Bakery Lite Texas Toast

With half the fat of our Garlic Texas Toast, New York Bakery® Lite Texas Toast has the same garlic
taste with half the guilt.

Conventional Oven*

Pre-heat oven to 425°f.
* Place slices flat on baking sheet
* Bake 5 – 8 minutes on middle shelf of oven
* To brown on both sides, turn over and bake an additional 2 minutes
*Oven temperatures may vary
Box contains 8 slices.
http://www.nybakery.com/products/lite-texas-toast/

No comments:

Post a Comment