Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Leftovers - Prime Rib w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked French Bread

Dinner Tonight: Leftovers - Prime Rib w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked French Bread







I had to fast over night and skip Breakfast this morning. I had my 4 month checkup at the Family
Doctor for my for my cholesterol, sugar and etc. Really great timing to have to have this done. Fasting on Christmas Night with everything to eat and snack on. This will be the last time I let them schedule this around a Holiday! Anyway I had to be at the Doctor at 8:15. It's one COLD morning out there today! A low of 14 degrees and a high of only 24 along with one cold breeze. I guess our mild Winter is over. Back home gave Mom a hand with a couple of loads of laundry. Then after Lunch I cleaned the house, vacuum and dusted. For Dinner tonight it's Christmas Dinner leftovers! I reheated the Prime Rib w/ Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans. Then I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury French Bread.




I reheated the Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes in the microwave.















 Then to reheat the Prime Rib I heated the oven on 350 degrees. Sliced off my Prime Rib from the
remaining Roast and put the slice into a small baking pan. Covered the pan with Foil and reheated it for about 15 minutes. It reheated perfectly, and tasted just as delicious! You got to leftovers especially when its Prime Ribs and Sides! As I said I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury French Bread. For Dessert/Snack tonight I had a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn along with a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.








Prime Rib

A standing rib roast, also known as prime rib, is a cut of beef from the primal rib, one of the nine
A slice of prime rib from a standing rib roast 
primal cuts of beef. While the entire rib section comprises ribs six through 12, a standing rib roast may contain anywhere from two to seven ribs.

It is most often roasted "standing" on the rib bones so that the meat does not touch the pan. An alternative cut removes the top end of the ribs for easier carving.

Rib eye steaks are cut from a standing rib, boned with most of the fat and lesser muscles removed.

While often referred to as "prime rib", the USDA does not require the cut to be derived from USDA Prime grade beef.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_rib_roast


No comments:

Post a Comment