Saturday, December 30, 2017

Baked Ham and Swiss Sliders w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Baked Ham and Swiss Sliders w/ Baked Fries





For Breakfast this Morning I made Toast, Gravy, and Turkey Sausage Links. I toasted a couple of
slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. Then I prepared a packet of Pioneer Peppered White Gravy. I was out of Jennie - O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links so I picked up a package of Johnsonville Turkey Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage Links. Just heat them up in a skillet for 8 minutes and they're ready! A very good Breakfast Sausage Link. I also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. It snowed overnight and we ended up with about 2 inches or so. Had a low of about 15 degrees and a high of 21, but with the wind chill it felt like the single digits out all day! Not much to do today so I cleaned the house, emptied the vacuum, charged the vacuum batteries, and dusted. It really didn't need it but it gave me a little something to do. For Dinner tonight I prepared Baked Ham and Swiss Sliders w/ Baked Fries. 




For Dinner one my favorite recipes, Baked Ham and Swiss Sliders w/ Baked Fries. To make  them I'll need; Kroger Whole Wheat Slider Buns. These are only 70 calories and 13 carbs. I also used Boar's Head Sweet Sliced Ham, Sargento Swiss Cheese, Sargeto Ultra Thin Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Blue Bonnet Light Butter - 4 Tbsp (original recipe called for 8), 2 tsp. Dried Onion Powder, 1 1/2 tsp. Worchestershire Sauce, 1 1/2 tsp. Ken's Light Poppyseed Dressing, and 1/2 tsp. French's Yellow Mustard.








Next I made my Bun Topping Sauce. I grabbed a medium size bowl to mix my ingredients in. I then mixed the Butter, Onion Powder,  Worchestershire Sauce, Ken's Light Poppyseed Dressing, and French's Yellow Mustard together. Stirred until well mixed and sit it aside until ready to use it. 








Then to prepare the Sliders; preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then I got an 11 x 14 baking pan that I
lined with foil and sprayed with Pam Non-Stick Cooking Spray. I placed the bottom  half of the Slider Buns in the bottom of the baking pan. Next I placed the Sweet Sliced Ham on top of each Bun. You can put as much of the Ham you want on each. I then placed a 1/2 a slice of either the Swiss or Sharp Cheddar cheese on top of the Ham. Then added the the top 1/2 of each bun to each Slider. Then topped all the Sliders with Topping Sauce Mixture. Covered the baking pan with foil and baked at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Removed the foil and baked an additional 15 minutes to allow the rolls to crisp. Remove from oven to cool and serve.




These Baked Ham Sliders are incredible! I normally just use Swiss Cheese so It's the first time I used Sharp Cheddar Cheese on them and they turned out just as good as Swiss! The Ham, Cheese, Buns are all great but the Topping Sauce makes the Dish. The Sauce gives it such great flavor, love these Sliders!










As the Sliders cooled I turned the oven up to 425 degrees and baked my Fies. I used Alexia Organic
Yukon Select Fries, my usual choice of Fries. Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. Baked Ham Sliders and Fries are perfect together! For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Coke Zero to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment