Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Roasted Purple Asparagus and Diced New Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Roasted Purple Asparagus and Diced New Potatoes




For Breakfast this Monday morning I prepared a Potato and Ham Skillet. I prepared a bag of the Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes. Midway through the cooking time I added a
1/2 bag of Kroger Brand Diced Ham. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. A bit cooler out there this morning, 26 degrees and cloudy. But as the day went on we finally got some sunshine and 44 degrees for a high. After Lunch I made a few Christmas Candy drop offs to some friends. That was about it for my day. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Roasted Purple Asparagus and Diced New Potatoes.







I picked a Pork Tenderloin Center Cut Pork Chops at Meijer yesterday. I really love the Meijer
selection and quality of all their meats, and all their products and produce. They have some of the finest Pork Chops you can find.










So to prepare my Chop I’ll need my favorite Pork Rub; The Cumin Spiced Rub which consists of; 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. I always have some of the Rub made up in a large Spice Jar I have To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add Chops to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 15 minutes until the thermometer registered 150° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist!



I picked up more of the Purple Asparagus at Mejier, of course. It tastes like Green Asparagus but it’s less fibrous and sweeter due to a higher sugar content. I prepared it the same way as the Roasted
Asparagus I’ve made before. I’ll need; 1 bunch of Purple Asparagus (fibrous bases removed), 1 Tablespoon of Crumbled Bacon or Bacon Bits, Ground Garlic Salt, Sea Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper, and 1 tbsp Extra Light Olive Oil. To prepare it is easy; Preheat the oven to 400F. Place asparagus in a baking tray sheet. Add the bacon, garlic salt, salt, pepper, and olive oil and toss to coat. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool a couple of minutes and serve! Comes out tender and that slight sweet taste to it. Really like the Purple Asparagus over the Green Asparagus!





For another side it was Del Monte Diced New Potatoes. I’ve had these many times and as always, delicious! To prepare these; empty the Potatoes into a small sauce pan and heat on medium heat until heated through. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple.







No comments:

Post a Comment