Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Buffalo T-Bone Steak w/ Baked Potato and Kicked Up Chili Beans

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo T-Bone Steak w/ Baked Potato and  Kicked Up Chili Beans








Well our warm-up has started, about time! It was sunny with a high of around 45, that's plus 45 not minus 45! It put a dent in all the snow and ice we have built up around here. They say 60 by Thursday but a chance for severe weather with it, heavy rains and high winds with a chance of tornadoes. Hopefully nothing too bad. For dinner tonight I prepared a Wild Idea Buffalo - Buffalo T-Bone Steak w/ Baked Potato and  Kicked Up Chili Beans.









This is the last of the two Wild Idea Buffalo T - Bone Steaks I had in the freezer. They came in the Wild Idea Buffalo Holiday Package I had purchased back in December. I laid it in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare it I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I then pan fried it, in a Cast Iron Grill Pan, in Canola Oil about 9 minutes or so, 5 minutes on one side and 4 1/2 on the other. Had to cook it a bit longer than normal, a very thick Steak. It came out a perfect medium rare and just bursting with incredible flavor! As any Wild Idea Buffalo cut, just a perfect piece of meat with incredible flavor! Topped it with a side of Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms and a spoonful of Daisy Reduced Sour Cream.








For one side I had a Baked Potato that I topped with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. For my other side I prepared a Bean favorite of mine,  Kicked Up Chili Beans. For the Beans I used Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans and added Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce, Crumbled Turkey Bacon Bits, Splenda Brown Sugar, and a few dashes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I left the recipe at the end of the post. For dessert later tonight a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Yogurt.








Wild Idea Buffalo 16 oz. T-Bone Steak
Can’t make up your mind? Try the best of both: cut from the mid section of the New York and Tenderloin, conveniently cut into one juicy steak. Cut to 16 oz.



http://wildideabuffalo.com/









Kicked Up Chili Beans

Ingredients:

1 Can Spicy Chili Beans, Brand your choice. I use Joan of Arc
3 Pieces Crumbled Turkey Bacon. You can use Turkey Bacon or Turkey Bacon Crumbles
4 Shakes Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, or to taste
1/2 Cup Jack Daniel’s Honey Smokehouse BBQ Sauce
1/2 Tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar or to taste
1 Teaspoon Ground Mustard


Directions:

Empty can of Beans into a medium sauce pan
Add Turkey Crumbles, Brown Sugar, Ground Mustard, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, Honey BBQ Sauce, stir and mix.
Heat until desired temperature, and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment