Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Blackened Grouper w/ Buffalo Cauliflower and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Grouper w/ Buffalo Cauliflower and Cut Green Beans








The forecast called for a Winter Weather Alert and they were right, unfortunately! It started off as freezing rain, a good 2 hours of it. That was mixed with bursts of snow and then followed by snow throughout the night and early morning. We ended up with a little over 6", so I guess it could have worse. More to come over the weekend again! Our neighbor used his snow blower and scraper to get what he could off the driveway and then I was able to get out and salt it real good. Looking out the window this afternoon, it was a shoveling party up and down the street. For dinner nothing but good things! I prepared Blackened Grouper w/ Buffalo Cauliflower and Cut Green Beans.








I had found another package of the Gulf Coast Grouper in the freezer so I laid that in the fridge overnight to thaw. A friend of mine who goes down to the gulf Side of Florida quite often always brings me back some of his fresh caught Grouper. I started by rinsing the fillet off in cold water and patting dry and cut it into smaller pieces. I melted a tablespoon of butter, Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. I then brushed both sides of the fillets with the Butter and then rubbed the fillets with Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning and Sea Salt. Then I got out my favorite skillet, The Cast Iron Skillet. When the pan was fully heated I added my Grouper. Cooked it about 4 minutes per side, and it was ready for the table! This fish is just soooo good, hard to describe! Moist and bursting with flavor. The Zatarain's Seasonings are perfect for any Seafood.








For one side dish I made more of the Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower. I made this for the first time a while back and couldn't wait to have it again! To prepare it I needed; 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper to taste, 1/4 cup or more) hot sauce, and blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping. Then to make it is really easy I just tossed the cauliflower florets in the oil, salt and pepper, arranged in a single layer on a baking sheet and roasted in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes. Then, the good part, toss the cauliflower in the hot sauce. Serve it warm with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping and celery sticks on the side. It’s one delicious and healthy side dish! I left the full recipe along with the Closet Cooking web site link to the original recipe.








Then for the other side dish I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans, I can never have enough of Green Beans! I also had a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert my Mom had prepared some Fried Apples for her and Dad this morning for their Breakfast, so I get the leftovers! Fried Apples are easy to make, Mom uses Brown Sugar Splenda, but none taste as good as Mom can make!








Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
ingredients

1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup hot sauce
blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping (optional)

directions
Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil, salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
Toss cauliflower in the hot sauce and enjoy warm with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping and celery sticks on the side.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 48, Fat 4g (Saturated 0.3g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 0, Sodium 400mg, Carbs 4g (Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 1g


http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/01/buffalo-roasted-cauliflower.html  

No comments:

Post a Comment