Monday, October 14, 2013

Panko Crusted Veal Cutlet w/ Peppered White Gravy, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Veal Cutlet w/ Peppered White Gravy, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes






Just a drop dead gorgeous Autumn Day out today! We've been lucky with the weather this year. Cooler weather coming in though with highs around 60 or mid 50's. The trees around here are really starting to turn and a few have lost their leaves. For dinner tonight another comfort food classic; Panko Crusted Veal Cutlet w/ Pepper White Gravy, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes.







While at Jungle Jim’s Market last week I  purchased some Veal Cutlets. I always have to pick up some Veal while at Jungle Jim's, they have the best around! I got the big three out to bread these beautiful Veal Cutlets; Flour, Egg Beaters, and Panko Bread Crumbs. I seasoned the flour with Sea Salt and Ground Pepper and added some Hungarian Paprika to the Egg Beater's. These were thick cutlets so I had to fry them a little bit longer than you would normally fry Veal. I fried them in Canola Oil about 5 minutes per side. The coatings gave it a fantastic golden brown coating and the cutlet was tender and moist, and seasoned just right.  You could cut by using a fork! Topped it with some Pioneer Peppered White Gravy that I whipped up.






For sides I warmed up some leftover Green Beans that my Mom had made the night before. Nice size and full Green Beans. I also heated up an individual serving of Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes and topped them with a bit of Peppered White Gravy also.. I had a couple of slices of Klosterman Wheat Bread also. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bar.






 From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Veal is the meat of young cattle (calves), as opposed to meat from older cattle. Though veal can be produced from a calf of either sex and any breed, most veal comes from male calves (bull calves) of dairy cattle breeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment