Saturday, October 5, 2013

Cast Iron Skillet Baked Pork Chop w/ Fried Apples, German Potato Salad, and...

Dinner Tonight: Cast Iron Skillet Baked Pork Chop w/ Fried Apples, German Potato Salad, and Green Beans





It started out a rainy morning and the a sunny and a bit humid afternoon and then some heavy late afternoon and evening showers. Just a lazy day of being a Couch Potato watching some College Football! For dinner a comfort food Heaven; Cast Iron Skillet Baked Pork Chop w/ Fried Apples, German Potato Salad, and Green Beans.





I had picked up some beautiful, good size, Pork Loin Center Cut Chops. I marinated the Chop in JB's Fat Boy Haug Waush BBQ Sauce for 4 hours in the fridge. To prepare it I broke out the Cast Iron Skillet, just something about the Cast Iron Skillets that I love using them. Added about 1/2 tablespoon of Canola Oil to the Skillet and browned both sides I then moved to the oven, which I had preheated on 400 degrees. I then baked it for about 22 minutes. I pulled it out when it hit 150 degrees (internal temperature) and let it set for 5 minutes to let it finish cooking. I love Chops and this one was delicious! The JB's BBQ Sauce is the perfect marinade for any Pork.





One side dish was some Fried Apples. My Mom taught me how to make these a long time ago and I still fry them that way except now I use Splenda instead of Sugar. To prepare them I used Macintosh Apples that I peeled and sliced into smaller slices. I used a cast Iron Skillet for these also. To fry them I used a 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, heated the Skillet up on High and added the Apples. I fried them, while stirring, for about 5 minutes and as they started to soften up I added about 3 tablespoons of Splenda Sugar Blend, maybe a tad less. Then stirred until well mixed and the Apples were soft. My Grandmother made Fried Apples this way, my Mom learned from her, and now I continue making them. Good Fried Apples!





Another side dish was Read German Potato Salad. First time I had tried canned German Potato Salad, I had tried the Read 3 Bean Salad and it was very good so I thought I would give this a try. I heated it up about 10 minutes in a small sauce pan and it was ready. It had a real good taste with plenty of Potatoes and nice Bacon size pieces. It does have a little strong Vinegar taste but I liked it, plus it's only 120 calories and 20 net carbs per serving. I also heated up a small can of Del Monte Reduced Sodium Cut Green Beans. One nice Comfort Food Dinner! For dessert/snack later a 110 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn.






Read German Potato Salad

* Serve Hot or Cold

Directions
Microwave: Empty contents into microwave safe dish, cover, heat 2-3 minutes. Drain, if desired. Season to taste. Serve. Stovetop: Empty contents into small saucepan. Bring just to a boil; drain if desired. Season to taste, serve.

Ingredients

Potatoes, Water, Sugar, Vinegar, Bacon (Cured With Water, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite), Modified Corn Starch, Salt, Onion, Spice, Natural Flavor, Parsley Flakes.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 125 G
Servings Per Container 3.5
Amount Per Serving
Calories 120Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 G 5
Saturated Fat 2 G
7
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol <5 class="Apple-tab-span" mg="" span="" style="white-space: pre;">
1Sodium 500 Mg 21
Total Carbohydrate 22 G 7
Dietary Fiber 2 G
7
Sugars 8 G
Protein 2 G
 

No comments:

Post a Comment