Saturday, September 14, 2013

Buffalo Chili Turkey Dogs

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Chili Turkey Dogs





This morning was our first day in the 30's, 38 degrees, in quite sometime. It was 38 but it felt good out this morning, I love the Fall! Back into the 80's next week though. What better to have a crisp sunny day while watching a day of College Football than Cheese Coneys, Buffalo Chili Turkey Dogs.





I used the 3 Bean Buffalo Chili I had leftover from the other night for the Chili, I had a lot leftover so most of it went to the freezer. I then used Oscar Mayer Extra Lean Turkey Franks, my new choice of Hot Dogs. I warmed the Chili up and boiled my Turkey Franks, about 5 minutes in boiling water. I served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Hot Dog Bun, topped with French's Yellow Mustard, the Buffalo Chili, and Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar. Now that's a Chili Dog!! Great taste in every bite as the 5 ingredients all come together! To add a little crunch I had a half serving of Ruffle's Reduced Fat Potato Chips and an ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper. For dessert later I had a bowl of sliced up some fresh Peaches I had bought earlier in the week.





Oscar Mayer Extra Lean Turkey Franks

These hardwood smoked, bun length turkey franks are 95% fat free and only 50 calories per serving. Enjoy this lean poultry option the next time you’re looking for a hot dog, but without all the fat and calories of a beef frank.
Ingredients: TURKEY INGREDIENTS (TURKEY, MECHANICALLY SEPARATED TURKEY), WATER, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, CORN SYRUP, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF DEXTROSE, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, FLAVOR, HYDROLYZED BEEF STOCK, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, SALT, SODIUM PROPIONATE, MUSTARD FLOUR, SODIUM DIACETATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, LEMON JUICE SOLIDS, SODIUM ASCORBATE, EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA, SODIUM NITRITE.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 50g Servings per Container about 8 Amount Per Serving
Calories 50 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g 4 % Saturated Fat 0.5g 3 % Trans Fat 0g 0 % Cholesterol 20mg 7 % Sodium 400mg 17 % Total Carbohydrate 4g 1 % Dietary Fiber 0g 0 % Sugars 1g Protein 5g


http://www.kraftbrands.com/oscarmayer/hot-dogs/extra-lean-franks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment