Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cast Iron Skillet Blackened Rainbow Trout w/ Sliced new Potatoes and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Cast Iron Skillet Blackened Rainbow Trout w/ Sliced new Potatoes and Cut Green Beans





Beautiful sunny day out, we're having a beautiful stretch of Fall sunny days. Helped spruce up the yard and went to a local Kroger. I went to get some Ground Turkey, which I did, but came across some beautiful Rainbow Trout I couldn't pass by! I also found some of the largest White Seedless Grapes I have ever seen, you can see them by the picture I took of them. As big as they were, they were just as sweet just bursting with flavor! I had haddock last night for dinner and just had to have the Rainbow Trout tonight. For dinner I prepared a Cast Iron Skillet Blackened Rainbow Trout w/ Sliced new Potatoes and Cut Green Beans.



The Rainbow Trout came from the Kroger Seafood Department. I rinsed the fillet off with water and patted dry with a paper towel. Melted a couple of tablespoons of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter down and rubbed the fillet down with the butter. Then seasoned it with a bit of Sea Salt and then with Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning, rubbing the Blackened Seasoning in till both sides of the Trout were covered. Heated up the Cast Iron Skillet and fried the fillets. Always have your overhead stove fan on when Blackening, it will create the smoke! I started by frying it skin side down about 3 minutes then flipping it over and frying it another 3 minutes, looks perfect! Not only looked good but was delicious. Just love Blackened Fish, always just an incredible taste and smokiness.





For sides it was all thanks to Del Monte tonight! I heated up a can of Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes and a can of Del Monte Reduced Sodium Cut Green Beans. Just open, heat, and serve! For dessert later some of those huge White Seedless Grapes and a couple of slices of a Honeycrisp Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment