Friday, April 5, 2013

Fried Bologna Sandwich w/ Fresh Cut Baked Fries


Dinner Tonight: Fried Bologna Sandwich w/ Fresh Cut Baked Fries




The sun was out, it was in the mid 50's, the birds were chirping, and the flowers and trees are coming out!
All real good signs of Spring, FINALLY! Highs in the 70's in the up coming week too. The down side, my Mom has started Spring cleaning. And no one is safe or except from it. I feel sorry for my Dad he used to try to stay a few steps ahead of Mom to get out of the cleaning frenzy but now he's slowed down he's all hers! For my dinner tonight I prepared; Fried Bologna Sandwich w/ Fresh Cut Baked Fries. i had to try my brand new As Seen On TV Perfect Fry Cutter! I'm always a sucker for those Infomercials. I was at Walmart early this morning and they had the Perfect Fry on sale so of course I had to grab one. This ones been out a long time i just had never purchased one until now. I'll leave the info on it at the end of the post. By the way it worked great!




I had some Bologna left that I been frying up for Breakfast and a Fried Bologna Sandwich just sounded good for Dinner. i always use Kahn's Deluxe Bologna, no Kahn's no Bologna. I've tried other brands but for me none compare to Kahn's. I like sliced thin also, I think it fries up better thin. So I fried it until I was getting a char on it and it was ready in minutes. I served it on a Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bun topped with a bit of Hellman's Light Mayo and a slice of Sargento Muenster Cheese. One my favorite ways to eat Bologna is taking slices along with Ritz Whole Grain Crackers and slices of Cracker Barrel 2% Sharp Cheese.




To go with the Fried Bologna Sandwich I used my new Perfect Fry and sliced up a Russet Potato for fresh baked Fries. I rubbed them in a bit of extra Virgin Oil and seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I then baked them at 400 degrees for 21 minutes. If you like making your own fresh cut Fries the Perfect Frys works great! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.





Perfect Fries One Step French Fry Cutter

Perfect Fries One Step French Fry Cutter Perfect Fries French Fry Cutter is the quick and easy way to prepare delicious homemade fries. No more struggling with knives or clumsy cutting machines. Perfect Fries ingenious design uses cross pattern steel blades to cut effortlessly and evenly for perfect results every time. "Natural Cut" fries in seconds. Make all kinds of mouth-watering fries at home. Perfect Fries is also great for dicing onions, fruits and vegetables. Get creative! Make it fresh, make it fast! You can make Sweet Potato fries, Zucchini fries, Butternut squash fries, Eggplant fries, Green Tomato fries, Onion fritters, Cinnamon Apple fries, Dill pickle fries and so many more. Perfect Fries is easy to store and is dishwasher safe. Easy as: Place the potato Push down with cover Ready to bake or fry! Great for: Onions, Peppers, Carrots, Cucumbers, Apples, Pears, Melons, and more! Includes:1 x Perfect Fries One Step French Fry Cutter

No comments:

Post a Comment