Sunday, January 20, 2013

Turkey Goetta, Diced Potatoes, and Egg Breakfast Skillet


Breakfast Menu: Turkey Goetta, Diced Potatoes, and Egg Breakfast Skillet w/ Toast





Couldn't wait to try something new with the Glier's Turkey Goetta! I prepared a Turkey Goetta, Diced Potatoes, and Egg Breakfast Skillet w/ Whole Grain Toast. I knew after frying up the Goetta for Breakfast yesterday it would go great in a Skillet Breakfast or Hash. I was right the Breakfast Skillet turned out as one great Breakfast Dish!


I used Glier's Turkey Goetta, Simply Potatoes Seasoned Diced Potatoes, fresh grated Dutch Gouda Cheese, and 1 Egg (per person). I used a large skillet that I sprayed with Pam and used Canola Oil (1 Tbs) as my Oil and cooked on medium heat. I first added the Diced Potatoes to the skillet, they take the longest to cook. While they were beginning to cook in a separate small skillet I started to brown my Turkey Goetta. I cooked it till it just started to brown and turned the skillet off as it would finish cooking when I added to the Diced Potatoes. When the Potatoes were almost ready I added the Goetta and shredded Gouda Cheese. After adding everything together I gently folded everything twice. I didn't want to stir it because I didn't want to break down the Potatoes or Goetta too much. After plating I topped it with a fried Egg, a Poached Egg would go great with this also. I also had a side of toasted Aunt Millie's Whole Grain Light Bread. It came out delicious! The combination of Diced Potatoes and Turkey Goetta is a good one. I love how the Goetta browns up and gets crispy. I'm glad I finally got around to joining that Goetta Nation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment