Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chip-Crusted Fish Fillets w/ Fried Sliced Fingerling Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas...


Dinner Tonight: Chip-Crusted Fish Fillets Fried Sliced Fingerling Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas, and Whole Grain Bread




Warm day today, near record high in the 60's! But a long day inside, both parents sick today with the stomach flu that's going around. So between getting some prescriptions filled, cleaning and doing the male nurse thing my day was pretty full. All Mom and Dad wanted Soup for their dinner and for mine another new recipe, Chip-Crusted Fish Fillets. I prepared Chip-Crusted Fish Fillets Fried Sliced Fingerling Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas, and Whole Grain Bread.


The  Chip-Crusted Fish Fillets recipe I came across while browsing the Cooking Light/ My Recipes web site. When I first saw it I passed it up because I was thinking Chips would create a lot carbs and calories but it just sounded good and I went back to look at the carb and calorie count and it wasn't too bad, 14.5 carbs and 291 calories. To prepare it I needed; 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets (or other firm white fish), 2 teaspoons canola mayonnaise, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 (2-ounce) package salt and vinegar kettle-style potato chips, crushed, and 1/2 cup light ranch dressing. I used Cod as my Fish, Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil for the Mayo, Kraft Fat Free Ranch Dressing, and Lay's Kettle Style Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips. I cut those Calories and Carbs where I can. To prepared I first preheated the oven to 400°. Then I arranged fillets on a parchment-lined baking sheet. I brushed 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise over top of each fillet; sprinkled evenly with sea salt. Gently pressed about 2 tablespoons of the crushed chips evenly on top of each fillet. Baked the fish at 400° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Served it with ranch dressing. An excellent baked Fish Recipe! The Cod came out moist and the Chip topping was a different spin. It gave it a great crunch and flavor.


For my side dishes I  had Fried Sliced Fingerling Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas, and Whole Grain Bread. For the Potatoes I sliced the Fingerling Potatoes length wise and seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I then fried them on medium heat in Canola Oil until done and browned on both sides. The Sugar Snap Peas were leftover from the other night so all I had to do was warm them up and used Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert/snack later slices of Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese, Old Wisconsin Turkey Sausage Bites, and Ritz Whole Grain Crackers.





Chip-Crusted Fish Fillets

The tang in the salt and vinegar chips mellows as the fish bakes in the oven, creating a crunchy spin on fish and chips. Look to hook-and-line-caught Atlantic or Pacific cod for the most sustainable choice.

Ingredients:

4 (6-ounce) cod fillets (or other firm white fish)
2 teaspoons canola mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (2-ounce) package salt and vinegar kettle-style potato chips, crushed
1/2 cup light ranch dressing


Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Arrange fillets on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise over top of each fillet; sprinkle evenly with salt. Gently press about 2 tablespoons crushed chips evenly on top of each fillet. Cook fish at 400° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with ranch dressing.


Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
Calories: 291
Fat: 11.3g
Saturated fat: 1.2g
Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
Protein: 31.7g
Carbohydrate: 14.5g
Fiber: 0.8g
Cholesterol: 79mg
Iron: 1.4mg
Sodium: 549mg
Calcium: 49mg

Laraine Perri, Cooking Light
DECEMBER 2011

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chip-crusted-fish-fillets-50400000117838/

No comments:

Post a Comment