Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage w/ Baked Crinkle Fries


Dinner Tonight: Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage w/ Baked Crinkle Fries





I've still been fighting the end of the flu but finally about up to full strength again! I'll have a bug for a day or two at most but this one's been a pain to rid of, but I hear it's bad all over. I had no clue what to prepare so I hit the local Kroger early this morning and scanned the aisles till I came across the Perdue Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage and I added Baked Crinkle Fries for the dinner.


First time I used Perdue Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage. Their 150 calories and 1 carb. Easy to prepare; Just brown them on all sides in a skillet then add about a 1/2" of water to pan and cover and cook till done. They came plump and juicy! These are as good as The Honeysuckle White Brand Sweet Italian turkey Sausages, which are my favorite! i served them on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun and topped them with French's Spicy Brown Mustard. For a side I baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, with a side of Hunt's Ketchup for dipping.


For dessert/snack later something new. I had purchased a California Sourdough Square Bread at the Kroger Bakery. I cut a hole out on the top and hollowed the inside out, leaving about a 1/4" inch of Bread around the inside. Earlier I had taken some 3 Bean Turkey Chili I had frozen and set it out to thaw. To prepare it I warmed the Chili up and when heated poured it into the hollowed out Bread Square. I topped with a bit of Kraft 2% Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese. I then served it with the Bread that I pulled from the center of the Bread and also some Tostito's Whole Grain Scoops.


PERDUE® Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage

PERDUE® Ground Chicken and Turkey as well as Burger and Sausage varieties are the perfect fit for consumers seeking healthier lifestyles. These items are made from the highest quality boneless, skinless chicken or turkey.


Nutrition

Serving Size 1 link (91g)
Servings Per Container 5
Amount Per Serving (* % of Daily Value)
Calories 150
Calories from Fat 80
Total Fat 9g (14%)
Saturated Fat 2.5g (13%)
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 70mg (23%)
Sodium 360mg (15%)
Total Carbohydrate 1g (0%)
Dietary Fiber 0g (0%)
Sugars 1g
Protein 15g (30%)


http://www.perdue.com/products/details.asp?id=616&title=PERDUE%AE%20Sweet%20Italian%20Turkey%20Sausage%20(1%20lb.)

No comments:

Post a Comment