Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas


Dinner Tonight: Chicken Enchiladas





I had no idea on what to have for dinner tonight. I needed a few items from the store so it was off to Kroger and while there hopefully come up with something for dinner. They happened to be preparing free samples of different items throughout the store and that's when I found what I was going to prepare for dinner, Chicken Enchiladas! They were preparing some frozen Enchiladas for sampling and I thought I would prepare some homemade ones.




I used a Kroger Deli Roasted Chicken. I reheated it before i used it by heating it in the oven at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes. After reheating it I pulled all the meat from the bones and took all the skin off of it. To assemble preheat you oven to 350 degrees. I used Gourmet Multi Grain Low Carb Tortillas, only 60 calories and 4 carbs per tortilla! For my toppings, along with the Chicken, I used Mt. Olive Roasted Peppers, Del Monte Summer Crisp Sweet Corn, Bush's Light Red Kidney Beans, Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, and fresh grated Monterrey Jack Cheese. Just put the amount of toppings and Chicken you want in the center of the Tortilla and start rolling the Tortilla, fairly tight. Then lay the Tortillas, seam side down, in a medium size Pyrex baking dish. The last step pour the Enchilada Sauce over the Tortillas and then cover with your choice of Cheese, I used fresh grated Monterrey Jack.



Then  Bake at 350 degrees until Cheese is melted and Tortillas are heated throughout. Let cool for about 5 minutes before eating. Everyone loved them!! The Monterrey Jack is perfect for these, it melts just right. The Peppers, Beans, and Corn gives it great flavor. I'll be preparing these quite often. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Vanilla Bean Greek Frozen Yogurt.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment