Sunday, January 6, 2013

Crock Pot Bison Short Ribs w/ Red Potatoes, Mini Carrots, and...


Dinner Tonight: Crock Pot Bison Short Ribs w/ Red Potatoes, Mini Carrots, and Garlic Knots Bread.





Pork Baby Back Ribs are just flat out drooling delicious out of the Crock Pot so I thought I would try Short Ribs in the Crock Pot, Bison Short Ribs! First time I've tried Bison Short Ribs, I purchased them from Buffalo Gal and them froze in the freezer. After letting them thaw Saturday, before I went to bed I Seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I then rubbed J B's Fat Boy Haug Waush BBQ Sauce on them and placed them in a gallon size Hefty Zip Bag, I added the remaining Sauce in the bottle to the bag and sealed it and placed it in the fridge to marinate over night.


Sunday morning I quartered about a half a bag of small Red Potatoes and placed them in the bottom of the Crock Pot along with 1 large White Onion that I also cut into quarters. Not only will this serve as base for my Bison Short Ribs, so they are not sitting on the bottom of the Crock Pot, but will also add some great flavor. Then I added a 1 can of Swanson Low Sodium Beef Broth, more added flavor and to help to tenderize the Short Ribs. I then removed the Short Ribs from the fridge and the marinade and placed them on top of the Potatoes and Onion in the Crock Pot and put the lid on the Crock Pot. The rest is easy, waiting! I set the Crock Pot on Low and let them simmer for 8 hours. The Ribs came out moist and delicious! Huge difference between the Bison Short Ribs and the pork or Beef Short Ribs, the Bison is so much leaner and meatier than the others. I'll take the Bison over the other types anytime! Lots leftover for some great sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.




For side dishes along with the Red Potatoes that were at the bottom of the Crock Pot I prepared some boiled Mini Carrots and baked some of the, Walmart Bakery, Savory Garlic Knot Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment