Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Old Family Buckeye Recipe

Back when I was working I wasn't one to switch jobs too often. A total of three full time jobs during that time. It's been 9 years since I lost my leg to melanoma cancer and unable to work but to this day I still get request's from fellow past workers for my Mom's Buckeyes. It seems that everyone that has had them all say the same thing "The best Buckeyes I've ever had!" I'm sure you'll agree, let me know!

Ingredients

Recipe will make about 60 balls

1 Stick Butter
1 Box (1 LB) Confectioner Sugar
2 Cups Jiff Smooth Peanut Butter
3 Cups Rice Krispies
1 12 oz. Package Chocolate Chips
1 Small Bar Hershey's Milk Chocolate
1/2 Bar Paraffin Wax

* In a large bowl mix Butter, Sugar, Peanut Butter, and Rice Krispies  (With Hands)
* Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours.
* Then take the mixture and roll into individual balls. The size can vary no set size.
* Melt all the Chocolate and Paraffin Wax in a double broiler or in a sauce pan on low heat stirring until smooth.
* With one or two forks dip each of the balls into the Chocolate/Wax. Drain excess off the balls and place on a sheet pan covered with wax paper and refrigerate for several hours until Chocolate has hardened into a shell covering the balls.
* Now enjoy them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment