Saturday, September 22, 2018

Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Mettwursts

Dinner Tonight: Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Mettwursts






For Breakfast this morning I prepared 1 Egg Sunny Side Up, fried 3 strips of al fresco Chicken Bacon, toasted 2 slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread that I lightly Buttered with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Outside its cloudy but a whole lot cooler, high of 66 degrees. Got the cart out of the shed and did some yard work up until my allergies got too bad. This has to be the worst Summer with my allergies by far! For Dinner I prepared a couple of Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Mettwursts for Dinner tonight.




I had purchased a couple of packages of the Bluegrass Lean Mettwurst while at Jungle Jim’s
International Market last week. I had kept one package out that I had them a few weeks ago. Mom really loves them so I got the other package out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight.









To prepare them I used a medium size skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and added the Metts. I then added water to the pan, just enough water to cover about a 1/4 of Metts. Turned the heat
on medium and covered the pan. I turned the Metts frequently to get a nice even cook on them. When the water had boiled down I cooked them an extra 3 minutes to brown them. They turned out fantastic, nice and meaty! Plus being the Bluegrass Lean type , just 1/2 the calories of other Metts. I served them on Aunt Millie’s Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Hot Dog Buns and topped with French’s Spicy Brown Mustard. I also made a Baked Potato for Mom. A couple of Metts was plenty for Dinner tonight for me. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Coke Zero to drink.






Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Mettwurst
* 65% Less Fat
* 42% Fewer Calories
* 25% Less Sodium
*No MSG
* Gluten Free

Deliciously Lean Mettwurst
This Mettwurst is targeted at the consumer that is
into a healthier lifestyle. It is skinless and fully
cooked.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 link (66g)
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g 9%
Sat. Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 590mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 2g
Protein 9g

No comments:

Post a Comment