Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans






To start my morning off I prepared a Poached Egg and served it on a slice of toasted Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. I also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Morning showers then cloudy the rest of the day, high of 71 degrees.  At 9:30 I had to be back at the Family Lawyer Office to sign the final papers on my Will. Afterward stopped by a house that a friend of mine remodeling and putting it back up for sale. He's been flipping houses for 5 years now. Good catching up with him. Then stopped by Kroger on the way home to pick up a few items. For Dinner tonight I prepared Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans.



On my last visit to Costco I had bought another package of the always delicious Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions. They cut it fresh for me and seasoned it as I shopped like last time. The package had 20 slices in it and have them in the Freezer. So Last night I grabbed a couple of packages out of the freezer and let them thaw overnight in the fridge.








To start I preheated the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare them I used a Cast Iron Skillet. Sprayed it
with Pam Cooking Spray and added 1 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil and heated it on medium heat. I then lightly Salted the Pork with Sea Salt and a sprinkle of McCormick Dried Parsley. Added the Medallions to the skillet and cooked it for 2 minutes a side, as it just started to brown. Then from the stove to the oven, love Cast Iron Skillets! I then baked them to a medium rare, 145 degrees in the center of the medallions using a meat thermometer. Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorites. The Pork is so tender and flavorful. Seasoned just right and so moist.



To go with the Medallions I prepared some Bob Evan’s Mashed Potatoes. Just microwave for 6
minutes and serve, just as good as homemade, if not better.













Then I also heated up a large can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Just empty the can into a sauce pan
and heat until heated through. Then for Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.











Pork Facts….

One serving of pork is 3 ounces, or about the size of a deck of cards, according to the National Heart,
Lung and Blood Institute. An image of the portion size is important because a thick pork chop can be twice that size and without realizing it you can eat double the calories. You’ll get 137 calories and 4 grams of fat from a 3-ounce pork chop. Pork is similar to chicken, with 3 ounces of chicken breast containing 140 calories and 3 grams of fat. A pork chop has 65 milligrams of cholesterol, compared to 72 grams in chicken breast, but they both have just 1 gram of saturated fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment