Friday, October 13, 2017

Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Multi Grain Bread

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked Muti Grain Bread




To start my morning off I had Steak and Egg. I fried up a SayersBrook 4 oz. Bison Filet Mignon. I just seasoned it with some McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. I then grabbed a small skillet, sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray, and added a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated it on medium heat. Fried the first side 3 minutes and flipped it over and cooked it another 2 minutes. I it came out a perfect medium rare! It was so tender and juicy. Then I fried up a Sunny Side Egg and toasted a couple of slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. Sure tough to beat a Steak and Egg Breakfast! Also, as usual, my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Since I've been drinking Green Tea, 11 years ago, I've never had a bad check-up on my Sugar. Some say it helps and others say not enough evidence. All I know is my Diabetes 2 is under control!



Sunny and 66 degrees for our high today, beautiful Fall Day! After Breakfast I headed to Meijer, I need some some Jennie - O Turkey Products and Meijer is the only store that sells a wide variety of the Jennie - O products. Not much else going on today. So for Dinner tonight I prepared a Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Baked Multi Grain Bread.











I picked the Chop up at Meijer earlier today. I really love the Meijer selection and quality of all their meats, and all their products and produce.










So to prepare my Chops I’ll need; The Cumin Spiced Rub which consists of; 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add Chops to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 15 minutes until the thermometer registered 150° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork.




For one side I prepared some Bob Evan’s Mashed Potatoes. Just microwave for 6 minutes and serve, just as good as homemade, if not better.

















For a second side I heated up a can of Del Monte Reduced Sodium Cut Green Beans, love my beans! Then I also baked a loaf of La Brea Multi Grain Bread. For Dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.


















Pork Facts….

One serving of pork is 3 ounces, or about the size of a deck of cards, according to the National Heart, Lung and
Blood Institute. An image of the portion size is important because a thick pork chop can be twice that size and without realizing it you can eat double the calories. You’ll get 137 calories and 4 grams of fat from a 3-ounce pork chop. Pork is similar to chicken, with 3 ounces of chicken breast containing 140 calories and 3 grams of fat. A pork chop has 65 milligrams of cholesterol, compared to 72 grams in chicken breast, but they both have just 1 gram of saturated fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment