Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Slow Cooker Barbecued Boston Butt




For Breakfast this morning I prepared a Jimmy Dean Simple Scramble Cup – Crumbled Turkey
Sausage, Egg Whites, and Cheddar Cheese. I really love these. So easy to prepare and very good! Plus they are only 150 calories and 3 carbs per serving, which is excellent. Mostly cloudy and 54 degrees out this afternoon. After Breakfast I went up to the local Kroger I needed a few items and Mom did also. Then stopped by McDonald's and picked up Breakfast for her. Later on I went to Walmart, I needed some potting soil to repot some indoor plants. For Dinner tonight its a Pork Boston Butt! Tonight its Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich w/ Baked Fries.


The other day when we went to Jungle Jim's they had Pork Boston Butt Roasts on sale so I grabbed
one. I used a real easily prepared recipe for it. Using one of my favorite cooking vessels, the Crock Pot. To make this I’ll need the following; Pork Boston Butt Roast, 1/4 cup of Water, JB’s Fat Boy Premium All-Purpose Rub, and JB’s Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce.








Last night before I went to bed I applied the Rub all over Pork Shoulder and sealed it in a plastic bag. Let it Refrigerate until ready to use the next day. Pulled the Pork Shoulder from the fridge, shaking off any excess Rub.  Then to prepare it I lined my Crock Pot with a Reynolds Crock Pot Plastic Bag Liner and sprayed that with Pam Cooking Spray w/ Olive Oil. Love these Crock Pot Liners, makes for an easy cleanup! Turned the Crock Pot on High. Placed the Meat in the slow cooker with Water. Covered and cooked on High for 1 hour. Turned it to Low and cooked 7 to 9 hours longer, until very tender.



Removed the Roast with the Bear Claws into a bowl. A word about these Bear Claws; I love these things to remove meat and roasts from whatever you're cooking it in on to a plate. Word of caution though, these things are very sharp so be careful with them. I used the bear Claws to Shred the Pork. I normally re add to the Crock Pot with BBQ Sauce but Mom just wanted to add the BBQ Sauce to her Sandwich so we did it that way. I needed the Crock Pot anyway to cook the other 1/2 of the Boston Butt. It was too big to cook it all at once so I cooked the 1/2 and took it out later tonight. We are using JB's Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce for our BBQ Sauce. Served on a Kroger Lite Wheat Bun. With extra BBQ Sauce on the side. Nothing but a winning Pork Butt Dish! So tender and seasoned just right with Rub and BBQ Sauce. A lot of leftovers for some delicious Sandwiches and Meals the rest of the week!



I also baked some Ore Ida Golden Fries, served with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup. For Dessert/Snack
later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn with a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.










Crock Pot BBQ Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt

INGREDIENTS
Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt, about 4 to 7 pounds, bone-in or boneless
1/4 cup of Water
JB’s Fat Boy Premium All-Purpose Rub
JB’s Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce

PREPARATION

1 – The night before apply the Rub all over Pork Shoulder and seal in a plastic bag. Refrigerate until ready to use the next day.

2 – Place the meat in the slow cooker with water.

3 – Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Turn to LOW and cook 7 to 9 hours longer, until very tender. Remove roast and discard fat and juices. Chop or shred the pork; return to slow cooker. Mix a little barbecue sauce into the meat for flavor. Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 hour longer, until hot.

4 – Serve on sandwich buns with coleslaw (Optional) and extra barbecue sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment