Friday, February 8, 2019

Seared Scallops and Fried Skate w/ Sliced New Potatoes and Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Seared Scallops and Fried Skate w/ Sliced New Potatoes and Green Beans







For Breakfast I had a another of the Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles Cup - Turkey sausage Crumbles, Egg Whites, Shredded Cheddar Cheese. What a change in weather! The last 2 days it's been a high of 68 degrees and rain, today it was 12 degrees this morning and a high of 27 degrees and sunny! 41 degree difference. After Breakfast I bundled up and headed to Meijer for a few items. On the way back home stopped by the ATM, got gas, and stopped by McDonald's and picked up Breakfast for Mom. Back home it was back to bed and rested, still lingering Sinus Infection but it's getting better. For Dinner tonight a Seafood Special! I prepared Seared Scallops and Fried Skate w/ Sliced New Potatoes and Canned Green Beans.



I was planning on just having the Winter Skate Fillet but as I was getting that out of the freezer a
small package of Sea Scallops fell out of the freezer so I took that as a sign that I should have the Scallops also! I purchased the Winter Skate from the Sea to Table website while the Sea Scallops are from Kroger.









To make the Dish I’ll need; 1/4 cup of 2% Milk, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Grinder Peppercorn Medley, Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs for dredging, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of Extra Light Olive Oil. To prepare them I put the skate fillet in a large dish. Poured the milk over them and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to turn the fillets in the milk so they are coated on both sides. Then I scattered the Bread Crumbs over a large dish. Lightly dredge the fillets in the Bread Crumbs on both sides.




With fillet breaded I heated the Olive Oil a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot but not smoking, I added one of the fillets. Saute on one side until it was golden brown, about 3 minutes. Then turn and cook on the other side until golden brown, about 3 minutes more. They came out beautiful! And I have a found a new Seafood to have! These are so good. They fried up very easy and have a very fresh taste, their taste is similar to scallops. I love this Skate!





I used Kroger Seafood Sea Scallops. I took a Cast Iron Skillet and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray, also added 1 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil and 1 table spoon of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. Heated it up on medium high. Then I washed the Scallops in cold water and patted them dry
with a paper towel. I’ll be using Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning. In a small microwavable bowl I melted a tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. I then dipped the Scallops in the Butter one at a time, just buttering the tops and bottoms of the Scallop. Then I took about 2 tablespoons of the Blackened Seasoning and put it in a small bowl, and took the Scallops one at a time and pressed the top and bottom of each Scallop into the Seasoning. I had my skillet already heated up, added the Scallops and cooked each Scallop 3 minutes per side. As the Scallops were cooking I cut a Lemon in half and squirted a little Lemon Juice across the tops of them. They turned out delicious! The freshness of the Scallops, the butter, Lemon, and Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning gave them an incredible flavor.



For one side I heated up a can of Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes. I use a lot of Del Monte Vegetable
Products, always delicious and store a lot longer than fresh Vegetables. To prepare them I emptied the can into a small sauce pan. Heated it on medium heat until heated through.









I warmed up the leftover Canned Green Beans from last night's Dinner. Love these Beans, they taste just as fresh as the day we bought them. Just heat them up in a large sauce pan and serve. Fresh Green Beans any time you want, I love it! For Dessert later A Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.











Sea to Table - Atlantic Winter Skate

Hand filleted, boneless, flash frozen

Why We Love It: Loved by chefs and New England fishermen alike, Skate wings are sweet like scallops, delicate but firm like lobster, and often compared to flounder and sole. These skin-off fillets are hand trimmed and fan-shaped, so they make for a uniquely beautiful and delicious plate.
Cooking Tip: For a classic French-inspired meal, pan sauté in a butter and caper sauce, sprinkle with parsley and serve with asparagus and roasted potatoes. Get the recipe.
Where It’s From: This Winter Skate is caught off the shores of Chatham, Massachusetts — a fishing town at the elbow of Cape Cod. With an ever-growing stock level, Winter Skate is rated as a Good Alternative by Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch.
Our Guarantee: We care about the fish you eat and work closely with our fishermen partners to provide you with the very best. If you are not 100% satisfied, we will replace or refund any item within 30 days.
https://www.sea2table.com/product/atlantic-winter-skate/





Sea Scallops
Scallops are more than 80 percent protein. "One 3-ounce serving provides 20 grams of protein and
just 95 calories," says Bowden. They're also a good source of both magnesium and potassium. (Clams and oysters provide similar benefits.)

No comments:

Post a Comment