Friday, February 22, 2019

Buffalo Teres Major Fillet Steak w/ Baked Potato and Texas Toast

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Teres Major Fillet Steak w/ Baked Potato and Texas Toast






To start my Friday morning off I prepared Skillet Potatoes and Ham for Breakfast. I used 1 package of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes and a package of Meijer Diced Ham to prepare it. Just cook the  Potatoes according to the package instructions and with about 5 minutes of cooking time left add the Diced Ham. Topped it off with a Sunnyside Up Egg and also made that morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Cloudy and 47 degrees out today with heavy rain on the way for tomorrow. After Breakfast I went up to the local Kroger and picked up a couple of things for Mom and then stopped by McDonald's and picked up Breakfast for her. Later on I went to Home Depot, we needed a new snow shovel and I looked for some touch up paint for a wall. For Dinner tonight its a Buffalo Teres Major Fillet Steak along with a Baked Potato and Texas Toast.



I prepared one of my favorite cuts of Steak, the always tender Wild Idea Buffalo Teris Major Steak. I started by brushing it lightly with Extra Light Olive Oil and then Seasoning it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Grinder Peppercorn Medley. I had the Buffalo Teres Major Fillet Steak w/ Baked Potato and Texas Toast









To prepare it I’m using a Cast iron Skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and added a 1/2
tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated the skillet on medium heat and also turned the oven on to 400 degrees. With the Steak Seasoned and Skillet heated i added the Steak to the Cast Iron. Cooked it about 1 1/2 minutes a side and then put into the oven to finish. That’s a reason I love using Cast Iron Skillets, from the stove to the oven! I want to get it to 145 degree internal temperature. Then I pulled it out of the oven and let it set for 5 minutes, to finish cooking and let that delicious juice return to the Steak. Came out a perfect medium rare, moist and delicious! These Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks are just so incredibly delicious! I also made some Sauteed Mushrooms to go with the Steak.



For one side I had a baked Russet Potato. Seasoned that with the McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and
Peppercorn Medley, and topped with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. Perfect side for any Steak Dinner!













I also baked a slice of New York Bakery Lite Texas Toast. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny
Pop - Pop Corn and a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.
















Wild Idea Buffalo 8 oz. Teres Major Fillet

The Teres Major, also known as the Shoulder Tender, is second most tender cut on the animal. Cut

from the blade of the shoulder within the primal chuck, it is considered to be of similar quality to the filet mignon with its mouth-watering flavor and tenderness.
https://wildideabuffalo.com/products/8-oz-terres-major-f

No comments:

Post a Comment