Monday, February 11, 2019

Bison Cube Steak w/ Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, and Mixed Chili Beans

Dinner Tonight: Bison Cube Steak w/ Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, and Mixed Chili Beans







For Breakfast this morning I had a Jimmy Dean Simple Scramble Cup - Turkey Sausage Crumbles, Egg Whites, Shredded Cheddar Cheese. I also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. 41 degrees and rain all day! Started raining on and off since late yesterday. Still not feeling up to par. I can't seem to shake these Sinuses! Did some light cleaning and took it easy for the rest of the afternoon. For Dinner tonight I’m preparing a Bison Cube Steak w/ Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Chili Beans, and Baked Sesame Bread Loaf.




I finally found Bison Cube Steak! I came across them at the Buffalo Gal website (http://www.buffalogal.com/) They have good selection of various meats like; Bison, Wild Boar, Yak, and more! Not real sure on trying the Yak, we’ll see. Anyway I bought a package of 2 Bison Cube Steak, 6 Pack of Bison Sliders, and a package of 2 Bison New York Strips. So tonight its the Bison Cube Steak.







I’ll be preparing the same way I sometimes do Pork or Beef Cubed Steaks. First grabbed a skillet ,added Extra Light Olive Oil, and heated it on medium heat. When using Bison always remember that it will cook up a bit faster, because Bison is so lean. Bison is best best prepared to medium rare. To prepare them I seasoned them with Hungarian Paprika, Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. Then took Progresso Italian Style Breadcrumbs and poured it in a pie tin. Then took the cube Steak and put them in the pie pan with the Breadcrumbs. Made sure both sides were covered. Shook off the excess and pan fried them about 3 minutes per side.


The Bison Cube Steak fried up perfectly. They cam out tender and moist, sliced up very easily.
Topped it with some of the Pioneer Peppered White Gravy. I’ll be having this more and more!











To go with the Cubed Steak you always have to have Mashed Potatoes! I prepared some Bob Evan’s
Mashed Potatoes. Just microwave for 6 minutes and serve, just as good as homemade, if not better. I also made a packet of the Pioneer Peppered White Gravy to top the Mashed Potatoes and Cube Steak. I love Gravy on about anything!







For a 2nd side I prepared a can of Bush’s Mixed Chili Beans – Kidney and Pinto Beans in Mild Chili Sauce. These are fairly new and as all the Bush’s Bean Products Delicious! For me you just can’t beat
Bush’s Beans. I’ve prepared these a few times now and really love them, nice combo using the Kidney and Pinto Beans. To prepare them just empty the Beans into a small sauce pan. Cover and heat to a simmer. Done! I had also baked a loaf of Kroger Bakery Sesame Bread Loaf. This has become the family’s favorite Baked Bread. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Coke Zero to drink.











Buffalo Gal Bison Cube Steaks
Try with your favorite “country-fried” steak recipe. Receive 4 (4-6 oz.) steaks. (package is over 1 lb.)
http://www.buffalogal.com/Bison-Cube-Steaks-P36.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment