Sunday, June 3, 2018

Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Roasted Asparagus and Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Roasted Asparagus, Baked Potato, and Baked Garlic Bread Loaf





For Breakfast this morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I lightly Buttered with I Can't Believe Its Not Butter. I also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After Breakfast i went to Walmart for a few items and went to their Garden Center also. I stopped at McDonald's and picked up Breakfast for Mom. Outside had rain early and then partly sunny and 85 degrees. After Lunch I finished repotting some Pepper Plants and Herb Plants I had bought at Walmart. We finally got the shed cleaned out and organized! Now I have all kinds of room for storage and work. For Dinner tonight I prepared Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Roasted Asparagus and Baked Potato.



While at Meijer the other day I bought a couple of fillets of Walleye. I first rinsed the fillets in cold water and patted them dry with paper towel. Then to prepare them I seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put the fillets in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till the fillet was well coated. I then fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil on medium heat, about 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor!




For one side dish I prepared Roasted Asparagus for one side. To prepare the Asparagus I just needed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cloves Roasted Asparagus Garlic (minced), Sea Salt, Freshly grated Black
Pepper, Lemon Juice, and Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Rinse clean the asparagus. Break the tough ends off of the asparagus and discard. Lay the asparagus spears out in a single layer in a baking dish or a foil-covered roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over the spears, roll the asparagus back and forth until they are all covered with a thin layer of olive oil. (Alternatively you can put the asparagus and oil in a plastic bag, and rub the bag so that the oil gets evenly distributed.) Sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub over the asparagus so that they are evenly seasoned. Place pan in oven and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are, until tender when pierced with a fork. Drizzle with a little fresh lemon juice and shredded Parm Cheese before serving.



For another side I prepared a Baked Potato. Seasoned that with the McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, and topped with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. I had also baked a loaf of RiverRoad Bake House Multi Grain Oval Loaf Bread. This has became the family’s favorite Baked Bread. For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding Cup.









Walleye Nutrition Facts

1 – 6 ounce serving
Calories 148 Calories from fat 17
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat 1.9g 3%
Sat. Fat 0.4g 2%
Cholesterol 137 mg 46%
Sodium 81mg 3%
Total Carbs. 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 30.4g
Calcium 174.9 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment