Monday, June 18, 2018

Smoked Turkey Sausage Dogs w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Smoked Turkey Sausage Dogs w/ Baked Fries




For Breakfast this morning I lightly fried a couple of al fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage Breakfast Patties - With a hint of Sage and Thyme. I love these, they're fully cooked so they fry up in
6 to 8 minutes per side. One of the best Breakfast Patties I've found. Great seasoning and the perfect size for my Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffins. So I made me and Mom a couple of Breakfast Sandwiches. I also added a 1/2 a slice of Boar's Head Vermont Cheddar to the Sandwich. So Mom had a couple of errands to run and I had to do a few things around the house. I had the wooden deck repaired a while back and my neighbor came over did some touch up painting for me this afternoon. It's another hot and humid day out again, 99 degrees. Later on I went through my closet and dresser gathering up some clothes that were too small or I just didn't wear anymore. I then took them to the local Goodwill Store. I also gave them Dad's old clothes and some things that my Mom had gathered up also. So for Dinner tonight I prepared Smoked Turkey Sausage Dogs w/ Baked Fries.


I used the Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage. I cut the Sausage Links into Bun length
pieces. I absolutely love the Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage. It’s got such a fantastic flavor and always cooks up just right. To prepare them I used a large skillet, added about a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and preheated it on medium heat. Put the Sausage in the skillet when it was heated up and covered with a lid. I turned the Sausage every few minutes to get an even char on them, cooked about 11 minutes total. As always they came out just bursting with flavor and flat-out delicious! I served it on a Aunt Millie’s Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Hot Dog Bun and topped with French’s Spicy Brown Mustard.



To go with the Sausage Dog I baked up some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned them with Morton’s Lite salt and Ground Black Pepper. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right.! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. Served with a side of my favorite Ketchup, Hunt’s Ketchup. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn with a Coke Zero to drink.







Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage
14 oz. | Servings: 7

Try Butterball’s fully cooked Smoked Turkey Dinner Sausage. Now you and your family can enjoy the great taste of hardwood-smoked lean turkey sausage with less fat than pork or beef smoked sausage. Serve with your favorite side dish for a quick and easy meal solution that always tastes great.

Skillet:
Cook in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, 10 – 12 minutes, turning frequently.
Always heat thoroughly.
Serving Size 2 oz. (51 g)
Servings Per Container 7

Amount Per Serving
Calories 100
Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6g9%
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg10%
Sodium 610mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 4g1%
Dietary Fiber 0g0%
Sugars 1g
Protein 8g16%

Ingredients: Poultry Ingredients (Mechanically Separated Chicken, Mechanically Separated Turkey), Water, Corn Syrup, Salt. Contains 2% or less of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Autolyzed yeast, Dextrose, Modified Food Starch, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Nitrite, Sodium Phosphate, Flavorings, Potassium and Sodium Lactate.
http://www.butterball.com/products/turkey-sausage-and-franks/every-day-smoked-turkey-dinner-sausage

No comments:

Post a Comment