Monday, May 7, 2018

Beef Cubed Steak w/ Seasoned Petite Potatoes, Fried Polenta Slices, and........

Dinner Tonight: Beef Cubed Steak w/ Seasoned Petite Potatoes, Fried Polenta Slices, and Cut Green Beans




For Breakfast this morning I made another Breakfast Sandwich. I made this for Breakfast yesterday and it was so good I wanted another one. First I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin
. Next I lightly fried a few slices of Boar's Head Sweet Sliced Ham and as they Ham was finishing cooking I topped it with a slice of Sargento Swiss Cheese. In another small skillet as the Ham was cooing I Scrambled some Egg Beater's Egg Whites. Put the Egg Whit Scramble on the English Muffin and topped it with the Ham and Swiss. After Breakfast I started a load of laundry for Mom. Then went and picked up Breakfast for her at McDonald's. I had to wait around the house today for the Hoveround repairman. i needed some repairs done to my Hoveround Mobility Chair. After I had the Chair repaired just did a few things around the house and outside. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Beef Cubed Steak w/ Seasoned Petite Potatoes, Fried Polenta Slices, and Cut Green Beans.



I had a package of Meijer Beef Cubed Steak in the freezer. I sat it in the fridge overnight to thaw. These are the best Cubed Steak I have ever found by far. They’re good size patties so  I’m able to cut them in half and get 2 meals out of 1 patty. They come 2 to a package. This is one of the few times I use Beef. Normally I use Buffalo but as far as I know no one makes Cubed Bison Steak, at least not yet!









To prepare the Cubed Steak I seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper and I then
dusted them in flour that I had mixed with a bit of Hungarian Paprika. Shook off the excess flour and pan fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil, about 4 minutes per side. They came out delicious! Excellent flavor and very tender, especially for Cubed Steak which sometimes can be somewhat tough and stringy.









For one side I tried a new one, Private Selection Petite Potatoes Herbes De Provence in Artisan
Seasoning Blend. I purchase these at Kroger. They are similar to the Little Potato Co. Potatoes that I prepare. It comes in a microwavable tray. Just heat in microwave for 5 and 1/2 minutes. Next add a 1 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil and then the Seasoning Packet. Stir and serve! They turned out piping hot and delicious, really like the Seasoning provided.









For one side I prepared Fried Polenta. It’s been a while since I had Polenta so when I was at Jungle Jim’s Market last visit I picked a roll up. I use Frieda’s Organic Traditional Polenta. it comes in a roll,
so all you have do is slice it and then prepare it the way you want. To make it I’ll need Egg Beater’s, Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. To prepare it just lightly coat the slices in the Egg Beater’s and gently shake off the excess. Then dip each slice in the bowl of bread crumbs and coat well. Then I fried the slices, heated the Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 1/4″ deep in a skillet and fry the slices for 2-3 minutes on each side. They fry up golden brown with a nice crust, flavorful, and a moist center.









Then I also heated up a large can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Just empty the can into a sauce pan
and heat until heated through. Wow, one good Dinner tonight, Mom really enjoyed it! Then for Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Coke Zero to drink.











Cube Steak
Cube steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized by fierce pounding with a meat tenderizer, or use of an electric tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left
by that process (called “cubing”). Many professional cooks insist that regular tenderizing mallets cause too much mashing to produce a proper cube steak, and insist on either using specialized cube steak machines, or manually applying a set of sharp-pointed rods to pierce the meat in every direction. This is the most common cut of meat used for chicken fried steak.

In Canada as well as in some parts of the United States, cube steak may be called a minute steak, because it can be cooked quickly.
Others distinguish minute steak as:
* simply referring to the cut, which is not necessarily tenderized;
* thinner than cube steak (hence does not need tenderizing);
* cut from sirloin or round, while cube steak cut is from chuck or round.
The term “minute steak” is also used in the United Kingdom, where the term “cube steak” is little known.



Frieda’s Organic Polenta

Description
* Polenta is an ancient corn meal dish that is very popular in Italian and Mediterranean cuisines. Frieda’s Organicis pre-cooked – simply heat and enjoy. Flavors include:

Traditional, Green Chile and Cilantro, Basil and Garlic, Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic, and
Mushroom and Onion.
* Our polenta is vegan and non-GMO.
Quick Usage Ideas
* Slice polenta and broil, pan heat or microwave for individual appetizers, use instead of pasta with sauces, or layer with grilled vegetables and cheese for polenta lasagna.
Healthy Highlight
* All varieties of Frieda’s Organic Polenta are gluten-free!
Selection and Storage
* Code dated for freshness. Shelf-stable at room temperature before opening. Refrigerate once opened and use within 3 days. Not suitable for freezing – causes polenta to separate.

http://www.friedas.com/organic-polenta/

No comments:

Post a Comment