Saturday, January 27, 2018

Grilled Ham, Bacon, and Muenster Cheese Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Ham, Bacon, and Muenster Cheese Sandwich w/ Baked Fries




For Breakfast this morning I broke out a can of Turkey Spam. First time I used Turkey Spam in quite a while. It's another one of those items I love but never seem to use often. I sliced off a couple of
pieces to fry. I lightly sprayed a small skillet with Pam Non Stick Spray and heated the skillet on medium heat. Since they're already fully cooked while still in the can, so you only need to brown them slightly. About two minutes on each side. As the Spam cooked I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin. I then used the same skillet I fried the Spam and fried 1 Egg Sunnyside Up. Put it all together and I had one delicious Turkey Spam and Fried Egg Breakfast Sandwich! I've been dealing with a Sinus Headache the last couple of days so being caught up on all the house work I rested and caught up on some shows I recorded. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Grilled Ham, Bacon, and Muenster Cheese Sandwich w/ Baked Fries.


When I went to Kroger the other day I picked up some Boar’s Head Sweet Sliced Ham and Boar’s Head Muenster Cheese. Which means it's time again for Grilled Sandwiches! So for tonight Grilled
Sandwich I’m making a Grilled Ham, Bacon, and Muenster Cheese Sandwich! I’ll be using Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Ham, Simple Truth Hickory Smoked Bacon, Boar’s Head Muenster Cheese, French’s Spicy Brown Mustard, Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil, and Aunt Millie’s light Whole Grain Bread. I’ll be preparing the Sandwich on my flat top griddle so I’ll also need some Blue Bonnet Light for the griddle to grill my Sandwich. That’s the ingredients for another delicious Grilled Sandwich! I also turned the oven on at 425 degrees, for the Fries.




I first prepared my Bacon. Again, I used Simple Truth Hickory Smoked Bacon. It fries up great and love the flavor. But AS always when preparing Bacon you have to use Bacon Math to figure out how much Bacon to fry. I needed 3 slices so by my Bacon Math that totals out 6 slices! When making Bacon always multiply the amount by 2. Because you know you’ll always eat as much as you making! Laid the Bacon on a Paper Towel lined plate until needed.






While the griddle was heating I got the Sandwich ready to grill. Took a slice of the Aunt Millie’s
Bread and topped it with some of the Kraft Mayo. Then layered the Boar’s Head Ham, the Boar’s Head Muenster Cheese, the Bacon, French’s Brown Spicy Mustard, and added the top slice of the Bread. I then Buttered the bottom and top halves of the Bread with Blue Bonnet Butter. With the griddle heated I grilled my Sandwich. Grilled the bottom half just over 3 minutes, then flipped it over and grilled the other side about 2 1/2 minutes. Until both sides were golden brown! What a Sandwich, Boar’s Head Gone Wild! The Ham ,as always, was delicious and the Muenster Cheese with it’s melted creaminess made the sandwich. And of course Bacon on anything makes it better! The Simple Truth Hickory Smoked Bacon has slowly become my favorite Bacon. Last week I used Boar's Head Gouda Cheese and I switched it up using the Boar's Head Muenster Cheese. Both melt beautifully on Sandwiches and have that rich creamy taste. I love either one!



As my Grill was heating I baked my Fries. I’m using Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned
them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right. Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. It’s an easy prepared but hot and filling meal. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.











Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham
With natural juices.

Enjoy the exceptional flavor of a traditional bone-in ham without the bone. Available in the Deli retail case as a center of the plate item or at the Service Deli sliced by the pound for a sandwich of note.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 oz (56g)
Servings Per Container Varied
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g 4%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 520mg 22%
Potassium 160mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 10g 20%

http://boarshead.com/products/detail/11018-sweet-slice-brand-boneless-smoked-ham





Boar’s Head Muenster Cheese

Made under the watchful eye of Wisconsin Master Cheesemakers, this cheese is handcrafted and accented with an edible natural Annatto colored rind. This mellow flavored, semi-soft cheese is the perfect balance to sweet cuts like Boar’s Head Maple Honey Turkey.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 oz (28g)
Servings Per Container About 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g 13%
Saturated Fat 5g 26%
Trans Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 25mg 9%
Sodium 190mg 8%
Potassium 30mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 6g 13%

https://boarshead.com/products/detail/981-pre-cut-all-natural-muenster-cheese




Muenster cheese (Wiki)
Muenster (English: /ˈmʌnstər/ or /ˈmʊnstər/) or munster is a semi-soft cheese from the United States.
It is thought to be an imitation of the Alsatian washed-rind Munster cheese, introduced by German immigrants. It is distinct from the processed dairy food Sweet Muenster Cheese. Its name is unrelated to the German city of Münster or the Irish province of Munster but to the French city of Munster in Alsace.

In contrast, "Munster", or "Munster Gerome", is made from unpasteurized cow’s milk in the Alsatian Vosges region and the Franche-Comté regions in France. The name Munster-Géromé is a protected A.O.C. and is strictly regulated in its production technique and source geography. The American "muenster" name distinguishes these cheeses.

Its taste varies from bland, like a white American cheese, to sharp, like a Monterey Jack cheese.

Muenster is pale in color and smooth in texture with an orange rind. The cheese is made from cow's milk. The rind's orange color is from annatto, a sweet and nutty seasoning used to add flavor and color to cheeses such as Cheddar, Colby, Red Leicester, and Mimolette. Muenster usually has a very mild flavor and smooth, soft texture. In some cases, when properly aged, it can develop a strong flavor with a pungent aroma. This cheese is commonly served as an appetizer. Because it melts well, it is also often used in dishes such as grilled cheese sandwiches, tuna melts, quesadillas, cheeseburgers, macaroni and cheese, and pizza.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muenster_cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment