Friday, January 12, 2018

Grilled Ham, Bacon, and Gouda Cheese Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Ham, Bacon, and Gouda Cheese Sandwich w/ Baked Fries







For Breakfast this morning I prepared Scrambled Eggs, toasted 2 slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread, and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. It started raining yesterday and still raining this
morning. We started out at 40 degrees this morning and kept dropping through the day. By the afternoon the rain turned to freezing rain, then sleet, and finally snow. Now the question is how much we end up with. Stay tuned! After Breakfast I had to go and pick up a couple prescriptions for Dad and picked up Breakfast for Mom and Dad at McDonald's. Had everything done so I caught up on some shows I recorded. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Grilled Ham, Bacon, and Gouda Cheese Sandwich w/ Baked Fries.





On my last visit to Kroger they had Boar's Head Sweet Sliced Ham and Boar's Head Gouda Cheese. I love Grilled Sandwiches! With different Cheese, Ham, Bacon, Salami, Turkey, I love Grilled
Sandwiches! So tonight Grilled Sandwich I'm making a Grilled Ham, Bacon, and Gouda Cheese Sandwich! I'll be using Boar's Head Sweet Slice Ham, Simple Truth Hickory Smoked Bacon, Boar's Head Gouda Cheese, French's Spicy Brown Mustard, Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/  Olive Oil, and Aunt Millie's light Whole Grain Bread. I'll be preparing the Sandwich on my flat top griddle so I'll also need some Blue Bonnet Light for the griddle to grill my Sandwich. That's the ingredients for one delicious Grilled Sandwich! I also turned the oven on at 425 degrees, for the Fries.





I first prepared my Bacon. Again, I used Simple Truth Hickory Smoked Bacon. It fries up great and love the flavor. But AS always when preparing Bacon you have to use Bacon Math to figure out how much Bacon to fry. I needed 3 slices so by my Bacon Math that totals out 6 slices! When making Bacon always multiply the amount by 2. Because you know you'll always eat as much as you making! Laid the Bacon on a Paper Towel lined plate until needed.








While the griddle was heating I got the Sandwich ready to grill. Took a slice of the Aunt Millie's Bread and topped it with some of the Kraft Mayo. Then layered the Boar’s Head Ham, the Boar's
Head Gouda Cheese, the Bacon, French’s Brown Spicy Mustard, and added the top slice of the Bread. I then Buttered the bottom and top halves of the Bread with Blue Bonnet Butter. With the griddle heated I grilled my Sandwich. Grilled the bottom half just over 3 minutes, then flipped it over and grilled the other side about 2 1/2 minutes. Until both sides were golden brown! What a Sandwich, Boar's Head Gone Wild! The Ham ,as always, was delicious and the Gouda Cheese with it's melted creaminess made the sandwich. And of course Bacon on anything makes it better! The Simple Truth Hickory Smoked Bacon has slowly became my favorite Bacon.





As my Grill was heating I baked my Fries. I’m using Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned
them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right. Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. It’s an easy prepared but hot and filling meal. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.













Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham
With natural juices.

Enjoy the exceptional flavor of a traditional bone-in ham without the bone. Available in the Deli
retail case as a center of the plate item or at the Service Deli sliced by the pound for a sandwich of note.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 oz (56g)
Servings Per Container Varied
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g 4%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 520mg 22%
Potassium 160mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 10g 20%
http://boarshead.com/products/detail/11018-sweet-slice-brand-boneless-smoked-ham




Boar's Head Gouda Cheese
An Old World classic that conjures images of bustling Dutch cheese markets, this import from
Holland has a distinctive buttery flavor with a slight sweetness. Gouda Cheese is the perfect companion to savory-sweet Boar’s Head Prosciutto di Parma when paired on a crostini and also complements tart fruit such as sliced apples.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 oz (28g)
Servings Per Container About 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 5g 27%
Trans Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 230mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 6g 13%
https://boarshead.com/products/detail/973-pre-cut-go

No comments:

Post a Comment