Monday, January 29, 2018

Fried Yellow Lake Perch w/ Diced New Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and.........

Dinner Tonight: Fried Yellow Lake Perch w/ Diced New Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and Baked Multi Grain Bread







For Breakfast this morning I prepared some more of the Turkey Spam. I lightly fried a couple of
slices along with some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, 1 Egg Sunnyside Up, and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea.












Outside a lot colder, 19 degrees this morning and 36 degrees for a high with snow flurries and a mix of snow and rain later in the day. I drove to the Dayton, Ohio Airport to pick a friend of mine that was flying in a couple of days to see his parents. His Mom is in the Hospital with the flu and his Dad isn't much better. The Flu has really hit this are hard. My family has been real lucky so far, none of us has had it. For Dinner tonight I prepared Fried Yellow Lake Perch w/ Diced New Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and Baked Multi Grain Bread.
 





I purchased the Yellow Lake Perch from Meijer. I rinsed the Fillets in cold water then patted them dry and put them in a Hefty Plastic Bag and on into the freezer. Last night I laid the bag in the fridge to thaw overnight. I love using Lake Perch, fries up a beautiful golden brown and like most fresh water fish has a fantastic taste.











I then seasoned them with Sea Salt and rolled the fillets in my favorite Breading Mix, Zatarain’s
Crispy Southern Fish Fri. Pan fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil, 3 minutes per side. They came out with a golden brown crust and delicious! My Mom has always said that I get my love of Fish from my Great Grandfather. Mom said they always knew he was coming to visit because my Grandmother would always fry up a big batch of Fish and a cast iron skillet of Cornbread, and doesn’t get any better than that!








For one side dish I prepared a can of Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes. I boiled them until heated and seasoned with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and Parsley Flakes. Then I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Finally I baked a loaf of River Road BakeHouse Artisan Multigrain Bread. It's a new Multigrain Loaf Bread that I've had a couple of times now and really like having. I purchase it at Meijer. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn with a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.











River Road Bakehouse Multigrain Oval Bread
Bring the goodness of grains to your table! Rustic, wholesome and full of flavor, our Multigrain Oval helps make smart meal choices easy.

WARM AT HOME
* Bread icon Remove from packaging
* Oven icon Heat oven to 400˚F (200˚C)
* Timer icon Warm for 5 min.

NUTRITION FACTS
SERVING SIZE ABOUT 1" SLICE (56 g)

AMOUNT % DAILY VALUE
CALORIES 160
FAT 3.5 g 5%
SATURATED 0.0 g 0%
TRANS 0.0 g
CHOLESTEROL 0 mg
SODIUM 310 mg 13%
CARBOHYDRATE 28 g 9%
DIETARY FIBER 2 g 8%
https://www.riverroadbakehouse.com/our-bread-en-us/

No comments:

Post a Comment