Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Seasoned Haddock w/ Multi Grain Medley and Potato Pancakes

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Multi Grain Medley and Potato Pancakes







One busy morning for me to start my day. My Dad was sick all night, so there was a ton of laundry to do. So I got that out of the way and while Mom made Breakfast for her and Dad I ran the vacuum and dusted. Had to get everything done, Dad had a nurse coming over  to check him out and then a physical therapist after that. Busy Morning. Then I ran to Kroger to pick up a couple of prescriptions for Mom. For dinner tonight it was leftovers at it's finest! I had Seasoned Haddock w/ Multi Grain Medley and Potato Pancakes.





I had a couple of pieces of Haddock leftover from the other night that I used for tonight. To prepare it I rinsed the fillet in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then seasoned it with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Canola Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix, the perfect combo. I have I mentioned I love Fish!





Last night I had made some Potato Pancakes, so I heated what was left up for a side dish. I always use Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix, my favorite (Never made a cake I didn’t like!). Just add 2 Egg Beater’s (1/2 Cup), 2 1/4 Cups Water, to the mix stir and fry! Easy and makes one good Potato Pancake and their only 80 calories and 18 carbs per serving (3 Potato Pancakes). Then i also heated up the leftover Minute Whole-Grain Medley, leftover from the other night when I had Haddock.It has Brown Rice, Thai Red Rice, Wild Rice, and Quinoa. Now that’s a good combo of Grains! The box contains 4 – 2 Serving Packets and easy to prepare. Combine water and the contents of one bag in medium saucepan and stir. Add oil if desired. Or, if desired, to add more flavor, substitute broth, fruit or vegetable juice for water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 MINUTES or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Fluff with fork and serve! Easy to prepare and makes one excellent side dish. Also this time I added some Chopped Pecans to it, made a nice addition to the dish! For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.






Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix

Ingredients
Potatoes ( Contains Sulfites to Maintain Whiteness), Potato Starch, Salt, Onion, Vegetable Shortening (Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil).

Directions
Makes 18-24 pancakes. You Will Need: Medium bowl, 2 eggs, 2 1/4 cups cold water, vegetable oil, large skillet. 1. Mix: In a medium bowl, beat two eggs with a fork until blended. Add 2 1/4 cups cold water and mix well. Stir in the contents of this package. Allow batter to thicken for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir. 2. Fry: Drop tablespoons of batter into 1/8 inch hot vegetable oil in a large skillet and brown on both sides.

Nutrition Facts

Serving size: 3 cakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 80
Calories from Fat 10
Calories from Saturated Fat
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g (1%)
Saturated Fat 0.5g (4%)
Polyunsaturated Fat
Monounsaturated Fat
Trans Fat 0g (0%)
Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
Sodium 500mg (21%)
Potassium
Total Carbohydrate 18g (6%)
Dietary Fiber 2g (9%)

http://www.manischewitz.com/sidesandmixesproducts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment