Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cumin Spiced Monster Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Monster Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans






Cloudy and windy out today, about 40 degrees though. Had a light Breakfast, did my workout, and went to an ATM Machine at the Bank and stopped and got gas. Then this afternoon I finally got my Mom and Dad to go to the doctor. Both have another bad cough and congestion. So I took the both of them to their Family Doctor. For dinner tonight a Cumin Spiced Baked Monster Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans






While at Kroger yesterday I picked up a package of 2 Bone-In Center Cut pork Chops, Monster Chops! The good thing about these Chops are they are so big that there’s plenty leftover for my Breakfast the next morning! To prepare my Chop I’ll need; 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. I had to increase the cooking time due to the size of the Chop. Start by heating the oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 25 minutes until the thermometer registered 155° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork!







For one side I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Then I also prepared some Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes, just microwave and done. My favorite Mashed Potato by far. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment