Sunday, December 7, 2014

Chili and Cheese Nachos!

Dinner Tonight: Chili and Cheese Nachos




Another night and another round of not a lot of sleep, fighting with Phantom Pains for a second night in a row. I sure wish the medical world would come up with a treatment or drug that could control these. Well the weather finally broke, we actually have some sunshine! Beautiful sunny but cold Winter's Day. Breakfast, a quick workout, and a load of laundry and my day was done. The afternoon will be the remote and my easy chair watching Football! Not a lot of sleep again last night so I wanted to prepare something that didn't require a lot of effort, but still a hot meal. So tonight it's one of my favorites, Chili and Cheese Nachos.





Just add the Cheese and Bake!

I used Tostitos Multi Grain Scoops for my Chips. I love these with Salsa or just as snack by their selves, they bake and hold their shape real good. For my toppings I used 1 can of Mario Sliced Black Olives. Before I go any further a bit about these Olives, anyone that uses small cans of Sliced Black Olives know what a pain they can be opening sometimes. Not these, they come in a can with a pull tab! About time. For my other toppings I used some Sliced Green Olives, Mezzetta Deli Sliced Jalapeno Peppers, Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans, a few shakes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and Sargento Reduced Fat Mozzarella.






To prepare I preheat the oven at 400 degrees and sprayed a glass baking dish with Pam and layer everything in. I first opened up 2 cans of the Hormel Chili with Beans and heated them up in a sauce pan, as it was heating I added a about 6 shakes of Frank's Hot Sauce to it and mixed. After the Chili was ready I added 4 tablespoons of Chili to the baking dish, then I added my Scoops (Chips). I then add the Sliced Black Olives and Sliced Green Olives, the remainder of the Chili, Sliced Jalapeno Peppers (Love These), and then top everything the Cheese. Then just pop it in the oven 10 minutes or so until the Cheese had started to melt and everything heated. Nothing better on a cold Winter's Day than a big plate of Chili Cheese Nachos! Also had an ice-cold Diet Dr. Pepper to drink. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.






Hormel: Turkey w/Beans 98% Fat Free Chili

Turkey with beans 98% fat-free favorites: Hormel chili in a layered dip! Hormel chili in a rice CASSEROLE!Hormel Turkey Chili w Beans

* Since 1891
* NO preservatives





Directions:

Stove top: empty chili into saucepan. Stir occasionally while heating over medium heat, about 5 minutes or until hot. Microwave: empty chili into microwaveable bowl; cover loosely. Heat for 2 To 3 minutes or until hot, stirring once. Careful. Let chili stand in microwave 1 minute and stir before serving. All microwaves And stoves vary. Times given are approximate.





Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cup (247 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 210
Calories from Fat 27
Total Fat 3.0g 5%
Saturated Fat 1.0g 5%
Cholesterol 45mg 15%
Sodium 1250mg 52%
Carbohydrates 28.0g 9%
Dietary Fiber 6.0g 24%
Sugars 6.0g
Protein 17.0g

No comments:

Post a Comment