Friday, July 6, 2018

Flame Seared Chili Lime Tilapia w/ Long Grain and Wild Rice

Dinner Tonight: Flame Seared Chili Lime Tilapia w/ Long Grain and Wild Rice





For Breakfast this morning I Poached an Egg and served it on a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain
English Muffin. Also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Not as hot today, had a high of 83 degrees and thunderstorms early. Finished painting in the shed and moved a few things around. That was about it for the day. I'm dealing with my allergies and sinuses today. For Dinner tonight Flame Seared Chili Lime Tilapia w/ Long Grain and Wild Rice.







I'm trying another new item for Dinner tonight, Aqua Star Chili Lime Tilapia w/ Mango Salsa. I came across this one at the local Kroger Frozen Seafood. It looked great and the description sounded delicious so why not give it a try! It comes frozen and there is 2 Tilapia Fillets in the package. To prepare it you can Boil the package, Microwave, or Bake the fillets. I chose to Bake them.







So to prepare it; I first turned the oven on to 400 degrees. Next I got a small baking sheet and lined it with foil. Then sprayed it with Pam w/Olive Oil Non-Stick Cooking Spray. I removed the Tilapia from the packaging and lined the 2 fillets up on the pan. With the oven heated I baked the fillets. I'll be baking them for 17 minutes. As the Tilapia was baking I got the Mango Salsa package that came with the Fish. I just ran the package under cold water until it was thawed. I took the Tilapia out and they looked delicious!




I added the Mano Salsa across the tops of the Fillets. The Fillets were fork tender and flaked real easy. The Seasoning was spot on and the Mango Salsa worked perfect with the Tilapia. I'll purchase this again, easy to prepare and delicious!











I also prepared a packet of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Long Grain and Wild. It comes in a microwavable bag. I microwaved it for 90 seconds and done! I guess my favorite among the Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, all though I love using them all. Another tasty and easy to fix item, just microwave for 90 seconds and it’s ready. I love Rice and it pairs with Fish perfect. Also had a slice of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread that I lightly buttered with I Can't Believe It's Butter. Very good Meal tonight! For Dessert later a Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Mini Cone Ice Cream.






Aqua Star Chili Lime Tilapia w/ Mango Salsa

Flame Seared Chili Lime Tilapia

Aqua Star "Flame-Seared" Tilapia is actually pre-seared on the surface to grilled perfection, allowing you to finish the final cook step with boil-in-bag, microsteam or the oven prep of your choice. These all natural fillets are glazed in a tangy chili lime marinade and paired with a delightful mango salsa included. For a true fine dining experience without the extra work of grilling outdoors or culinary expertise, these Flame–Seared fillets are ready for you to complete a restaurant quality meal at home in no-fuss minutes!
aquastar.com







UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Long Grain and Wild

The rice that’s always ready to enjoy. Now, you can have our original delicious Long Grain & Wild Rice recipe with 23 herbs and seasonings in just 90 seconds. This microwaveable pouch also eliminates prep and cleanup. UNCLE BEN’S®. ‘Perfect Every Time’®.

Nutritional Claims & Product Benefits:Uncle Ben's Long-Grain-Wild
* Good Source of Folic Acid
* Good source of iron
* 0 g Trans Fats & No Saturated Fat

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Squeeze pouch to separate rice.
Tear to vent.
Heat on HIGH for 90 seconds.
Cooking time for 2 pouches – 2 ½ minutes. Microwave times may vary. Take care when handling and opening the hot pouch. Refrigerate unused portion.

In the Skillet
Gently squeeze the sides of the pouch to break apart the rice, and pour contents into a skillet. Add 2 Tbsp. of water and heat.
Stir rice occasionally until heated thoroughly.
Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cup (125 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 190
Calories from Fat 18
Total Fat 2.0g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 630mg 26%
Carbohydrates 39.0g 13%
Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8%
Sugars 1.0g
Protein 5.0g
http://www.unclebens.com/Products/Ready-Rice/Uncle-Ben-s-reg;-Long-Grain-Wild#.UhpZ6hvOk20

No comments:

Post a Comment