Thursday, July 26, 2018

Bacon and Blue Buffalo Burger w/ Shredded Hash Browns

Dinner Tonight: Bacon and Blue Buffalo Burger w/ Shredded Hash Browns




I just had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast. Having a hard time with my allergies here the last 2 or 3 days. So I'm not quite up to par today with a bad headache. But after I had my Tea I went to the local Kroger here up the road for a few items. Then stopped by McDonald's and picked up Breakfast for Mom. After Lunch I ran the vacuum and dusted. Then took it easy the rest of the afternoon. For Dinner tonight its a Bacon and Blue Buffalo Burger w/ Shredded Hash Browns.





I’m having another one of the Wild Idea Buffalo – BACON BLUE BURGER. I tried this for the first time a while back and loved them! It comes frozen and there’s 3 – 1/3 lb. Burger Patties. The Premium Ground Buffalo is mixed with Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon, Blue Cheese, and seasoning. I’ll be preparing it as I do all Wild Idea Buffalo Burger. I’m dressing it up a bit this time. To prepare I'll need; Maytag Crumbled Blue Cheese, 1 slice of Boar's Head Bacon, Smucker's Sugar Free Blackberry Jam, and a toasted Healthy Life Multi Grain English Muffin.




To start it I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, lightly seasoned. I then pan fried it, on medium heat, in Extra Light Virgin Olive Oil about 3 1/2 minutes per side. Buffalo gets done rather quickly due to it’s so lean. And as all the Wild Idea Buffalo Burgers it cooked up perfect!












As the Burger was cooking I toasted a Healthy Life Multi Grain English Muffin. By using the Muffin instead of Burger Bun I saved on Calories, Fat, and carbs. I also microwaved a slice of Boar's Head Bacon.









To assemble the Burger I took the bottom slice of the Muffin and added some of the Smucker's Sugar Free Blackberry Jam. Next I added the Burger, Bacon Slice, Crumbled Blue Cheese, and the top half slice of the Muffin. And I had one incredible Burger! The Burger its self has bits of Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon in it along with Blue Cheese. Then the added Maytag Blue Cheese, Bacon slice, and Blackberry Jam just put this Burger over the top! That was my last Wild Idea Bacon Blue Burger that I had in the freezer. I'll be ordering more but right now Wild Idea is out of stock on them.




The Maytag Crumbled Blue Cheese I used is hard to find. I used to buy it at the Kroger Cheese Shop but they no longer carry it. So now I have order it from Maytag Dairy Farms (https://www.maytagdairyfarms.com/) I also ordered some of their Cheddar Cheese Spread. Both are so good!









Then for a side I prepared some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. Seasoned them with Salt
and Pepper and served them sprinkled with Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and Diet Peach Snapple to drink.











Wild Idea Buffalo – BACON BLUE BURGER (3 BURGER PER LB)

Our 100% prairie grass-fed Premium Ground Buffalo mixed with our 100% Buffalo Bacon, Blue Cheese and just the right amount of seasoning! For additional flavor try it with grape jelly or your favorite preserve – absolutely scrumptious! We did the work for you and… you’re welcome! Three one-third pound handcrafted burgers per package.
https://wildideabuffalo.com/products/three-1-3-lb-bacon-bleu-burger










Maytag Farms

Seventy seven-years after the first wheels of Maytag Blue Cheese were made, our family tradition
continues. Each wheel is handcrafted on the family farm in the rolling hills of central Iowa. We are still owned and operated by the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of E.H. Maytag. His legacy is the pleasure and joy taken from good food shared with people you cherish and we are proud to be a part of it.


On October 11, 1941, the first wheels of Maytag Blue Cheese were formed and put to age in our caves. Today, the tradition continues.
https://www.maytagdairyfarms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment