Monday, June 25, 2018

Seasoned Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Roasted Asparagus and Smashed Red Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Roasted Asparagus, Smashed Red Potatoes, and Baked Garlic Bread Loaf




I made a Big Breakfast for me and Mom this morning. I fried up some Thin Cut Breakfast Chops, prepared some Simply Potatoes Garlic and Herb Potatoes, Scrambled Eggs, and toasted slices of
Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Needless to say I skipped Lunch after this Breakfast! Outside it's mostly cloudy and 83 degrees. After Breakfast I went to Walmart and had to get a new water hose for outside. The old one was leaking where the connector threads weer worn out. Back home got the leaf blower out and cleaned off the deck, driveway, and shed. I think I'm going to buy some wood and make some shelves for the shed. Since we cleaned and straightened it up we have all kinds of space now. For Dinner tonight I prepared Seasoned Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Roasted Asparagus, Smashed Red Potatoes, and Baked Garlic Bread Loaf.


I love my Fish and Seafood, especially this Florida Gulf Coast Grouper. My good friend just got back
from his Florida Home and brought several fresh fillets of Grouper! These were just caught a couple of days ago and briefly frozen.  So I  laid a couple of the fillets in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare the fillets I seasoned them with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the fillets in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added the Zatarain’s Seafood Breading Mix Seasoning. Shook until the fillets were well coated. Shook off the excess. Then got the Cast Iron Skillet out, sprayed it with a light coat of Pam Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated the skillet on medium heat. When the skillet was ready I added the Grouper Fillets, frying about 3 1/2 minutes per side until golden brown. Grouper is so meaty and flavorful. And these fillets tasted so fresh, thank you Jim for bringing these to me!


For one side dish I prepared Roasted Asparagus for one side. To prepare the Asparagus I just needed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cloves Roasted Asparagus Garlic (minced), Sea Salt, Freshly grated Black
Pepper, Lemon Juice, and  Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Rinse clean the asparagus. Break the tough ends off of the asparagus and discard. Lay the asparagus spears out in a single layer in a baking dish or a foil-covered roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over the spears, roll the asparagus back and forth until they are all covered with a thin layer of olive oil. (Alternatively you can put the asparagus and oil in a plastic bag, and rub the bag so that the oil gets evenly distributed.) Sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub over the asparagus so that they are evenly seasoned. Place pan in oven and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are, until tender when pierced with a fork. Drizzle with a little fresh lemon juice and Grated Parmesan Cheese before serving.


For another side I made some Smashed Red Potatoes. I grabbed a Cast Iron Skillet and sprayed it with a light coat of Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of the Extra Light Olive Oil. Preheated the Skillet on medium heat. Next I quartered the Red Potatoes, putting them in a large bowl. Seasoned them with the Garlic salt, Dried Parsley, Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, Bacon Pieces, and 1 tablespoon of the Extra Light Olive Oil. Mixed them with the Seasoning until the Potatoes were Seasoned on all sides. I then added them to the preheated Cast Iron Skillet.



When the Red potatoes were ready, fork tender, I removed them from the skillet and put them into a large bowl. Added 2 pats of Blue Bonnet Light Butter and got out the hand Potato Masher. I stirred the Potatoes , mixing them with the Butter. I then Smashed them a couple of times withe Masher. I just Smashed them enough to break them up but leaving chunks of the Potatoes in it. Served by Seasoning it with some McCormick Grinders of Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley along with some of the Blue Bonnet Light Butter. These turned out great! I also baked a loaf of RiverRoad Bake House Multi Grain Oval Loaf Bread. This has become the family’s favorite Baked Bread. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Coke Zero to drink.






Grouper – Firm texture, white meat with large flake and a mild flavor. Extra lean fish.

NUTRITION
Nutritional values for approximately 4 ounces (114 grams) of raw, edible portions
* Calories 110
* Calories From Fat 20
* Total Fat 2 g
* Saturated Fat 0 g
* Cholesterol 55 mg
* Sodium 65 mg
* Total Carbohydrates 0 g
* Protein 23 g




No comments:

Post a Comment